CrE

Apr 9, 2009
Hello, I'm new to the forum but I think this is the right section.

I'm looking into getting a new dirtbike, I have a bad one from pepboys and I'm wondering if it'll be worth it to get a Cr80 that needs some work for $350.
"ok ive had people come here and look at this thing and said o i gotta put a lot of money into it. UR GETTING A BIKE FOR 350$! come one now. well this bike is for sale STILL it needs a new clutch new front brake caliper and wire. the master cylinder is fine just the caliper and wire snaped. 350 firm. please no tire kickers or anything like that. i need it gone by tomorrow. i have the title for it too so yea... if u dont like this good luck finding something better for 350 firm. call me anytime asap ***-****-****"
quoted from the craigslist post.
Would it be worth it to get this for 350? It still needs replacement and would it cost a lot to replace it? Thhank you.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You described a pile of junk, sold by a dimwit. If that's worth $350 to you, have at it. Anyone with any sense will suggest you keep looking.

CrE

Apr 9, 2009
Rich Rohrich said:
You described a pile of junk, sold by a dimwit. If that's worth $350 to you, have at it. Anyone with any sense will suggest you keep looking.

Well sorry I'm just trying to find a cheaper dirtbike because I don't know much about them and I don't have thousands to spend. Thank you for posting though.

May 10, 2007
if you are looking for a first bike then a cr80 would probably not be the best choice. i would look at something like an XR100 or a TTR125. they are much easier and have a lot lower maintenance shedule. they are also much easier to ride compared to the 2T 80/85's which have almost no low end power.

CrE

Apr 9, 2009
flyingfuzzball said:
if you are looking for a first bike then a cr80 would probably not be the best choice. i would look at something like an XR100 or a TTR125. they are much easier and have a lot lower maintenance shedule. they are also much easier to ride compared to the 2T 80/85's which have almost no low end power.

I do have a dirtbike but it's not the best. I've always rode my friends DRZ110 a few times and I can handle the power. I've had my dirtbike for at least 6 years, but I just never was too into it until now.
I guess I'll just save up and I was looking at the KX85. Would that be a good bike to get?

Apr 30, 2007
It'd depend all on your age, height, weight, riding style, and cash flow. If you check out the "sticky" at the top of this section, you'll notice a thread called "help us help you." Fill it out, and we'll be able to answer your questions far more accurately.

CrE

Apr 9, 2009
justalonewolf007 said:
It'd depend all on your age, height, weight, riding style, and cash flow. If you check out the "sticky" at the top of this section, you'll notice a thread called "help us help you." Fill it out, and we'll be able to answer your questions far more accurately.

Thank you. I will do so.

edit

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5'2" 120 lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
I'm not really sure what that means..
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
woods, and fields with friends for now, One day going to race hopefully haha.
4) Do you have any riding experience?
Yes I do.
5) Do you think you will race ?
Yes one day.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
MY friends and their dad knows a lot about all that stuff so I'll probably get help from them.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
I'd rather have a 2 stroke.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
I believe I do. Maybe find one used though.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
Well I'm hoping to spend maybe around 900 and below.. I don't have enough money but I'm going to be working and I'll be raising money. I could always work up for something more though.
10) Do you live in California?
No
11) Your age?
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
I don't believe so.

Top Bottom