thumpin90

Feb 16, 2007
my cr80r's exhaust flange is spiting oil out of the top on the flange tawards the expansion chamber. does any1 know why this is doin this because its spitting oil all over my motor. what can i do to fix it? :bang:

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Throw some new seals in there and replace the springs while you are at it. Some 2-strokes just do this, you've just got to wash it off at the end of the day. The longer you let it build up, the harder to clean it is.

bubbaxr

Jul 1, 2002
Ditch the stock pipe seal. Wrap the flange w/ plumbers teflon tape - just oversized enough that you need to gently tap the pipe over the wrapped flange. ( a snug fit)Before putting the pipe on, put a bead of permatex ultra copper around the inside of the pipe where it slips onto the flange. Use two springs.

earl pittz

Uhhh...
Mar 9, 2007
I have always used RTV syicone, it works great. But you have to make sure you use sylicone on the exhaust manifold only, on the expansion chamber flange you have to spread oil on. If you don't the sylicone will glue the chamber to the manifold. The oil makes it seal but not bond.

Top Bottom