Dylan19302

Jun 27, 2008
I have a 1982 cr80 and it got seized while i was riding it. Is there any way i can bore out my engine to 85 or bigger while im at it or can i take a 85 engine and put it into a cr80 frame. I know ill probally need a radiator is there any way i can do all this.

CRazy250

May 28, 2006
Honestly, 5cc's will basically give you no more power. infact it would probably render your cylinder usless the next time you get a scratch in it because of how much you already over bored it for that whopping 5cc's.how bad is your stock motor seized? is it the piston or crank? these bikes are worth a little bit of money in their original state but only in good shape. but you could put a newer cr85 engine in it with lots of money and lots of frame mods......in my opinion you should rebuild the stock engine and go from there because aircooled motors are cheaper and more simplistic to work on.

Dylan19302

Jun 27, 2008
well the i didnt break in the motor so one side of the piston was melted to the side of the cylinder. I need to hone out the cylinder and get knew piston and rings.

Top Bottom