crack inbetween the two powervalves on my cylinder

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
theres a little crack you can feel from inside the cylinder. you can also see it runs a little bit inside the separator. is my total cylinder done for?

Bunya

Apr 26, 2007
Sorry Sixds, any answer I could give would be a WAG. What I would suggest would be to get some good pics of the crack and e-mail them to someone that repairs cylinders like US Chrome. They would have the experience to give you an accurate assessment of your options.

Marc -

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
any canadian companies that can do it? i do not want to send my bike to the states, i need the bike for next weekend.

Bunya

Apr 26, 2007
I don't know of any north of the border. Even if I did, it's very unlikely that you would get it back in time for the weekend. I just sent mine to US Chrome and was told they were currently running at about a 2 week turn around.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Hmmm I'll try to do some searching, I know there is a company in Manitoba that does it but can't recall the name offhand. When we needed ours done it was recommended we send it to US chrome as the mechaninc that was giving us some support had had some bad luck with the local companies work.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Mongoose Machining in Vancouver does good work I would send it to them. Give them an email and fill out a form for what work needs to be done and they will give you an estimate.

Top Bottom