cracked case JB weld to the rescue? (PICS)

Gazza2005au

Mar 27, 2005
i bought this bike from a local australian paper i got it cheap when i went to pick it up it looked like the guy had'nt washed it in 6 months :ohmy: so i thought it was a bargain (1995-96 husky WR250) i couldnt see the grey oil in the window as it had been covered in dirt i got the bike home gave it a wash with the high pressure washer come up nice than i noticed the grey oil i thought that was ok its only a water pump seal no biggie so i started pulling the bike down yesterday only to find i had to pull the whole motor out of the bike just to remove the left hand side casing cover argggghhhh once i had this off i noticed my problem might not have been the water pump seal i could see the bike had a cracked crankcase and there were 2 or 3 small pin holes leaking water at this time i thought to my self ive just been ripped off :ugg: please look at the pictures below and tell me it is possable for JB weld to come to the rescue? in the second picture u can see the biggest hole right in front of the arrow the other two are small enough i couldnt fit a needle through it also if JB weld can do the job how long will it hold?
all help is much appreciated
huskymotor1.jpg

huskymotor.jpg

adrenaline420

Feb 17, 2005
I'v used JB weld on a crack of my old bike, and it held up real good, even when I sold the bike it was still holdin up.the crack was on the outside crank case, a rock flrew up, and chipped a small hole. The stuff does work, at least the one time I used it.

Gazza2005au

Mar 27, 2005
im more than willing to give it a try i just need advice that it does stick to the motor well the last thing i need is the JB weld coming off in my motor :yikes: how much psi do u think would be leaking from these holes?

Top Bottom