dkb

Sponsoring Member
Apr 6, 2000
Hello everyone. I have a small crack in the bottom thread of my filler neck. The guy I bought the bike from told me he had to replace the cap because he over tightend it. So I know not to crank it down too tight. Any ideas on how to repair this? I think it is getting worse because I noticed a few gas streaks after my last ride. Tomorrow I'm going to put a few wraps of teflon pipe tape on for a quick fix. Don't want any 94 octaine going where it doesn't belong :scream:

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
If you've got a 1995 + KDX your local Kawasaki dealer will likely replace the tank free off charge, others have had the same problem and had tanks replaced. Kawasaki is aware of the problem.

David

dkb

Sponsoring Member
Apr 6, 2000
No luck at my local kaw. dealer. I didn't buy the bike new, its a used 2000. Now I am reminded why I don't shop there unless I'm in a bind. I will try Competition accessories next (about 1hr. away) :(

someday

Jul 10, 2000
Call Kawa's consumer customer service line. Have the VIN handy. I bet as long as it's not stolen, they haven't previously replaced one on that bike, and your diplomatically persistant they'll take care of you.

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
You might also try the Middletown Honda/Kawasaki store if Comp won't help ya. They are a Team Green store and are generally nice folks if you don't have to deal with the service manager. He's got ass-in-itis.

:o

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
dkb it shouldn’t matter if you are the original owner or not, many second owners have had their’s replaced. If your local dealer isn't being helpful deal with Kawasaki directly. They will handle the local dealer for you. There is no reason to go driving all over the country side. It sounds like your dealer needs a lesson in customer service.

David

Top Bottom