cracked footpeg mount can i weld it with the motor in the frame?

Mar 1, 2005
my right footpeg seemed loose so i checked it out and found that the mount has cracked right through the threads.the mount is still attached to the frame,and i know it needs to be welded. how can i do this since it goes through the threads? i guess im saying how can i make new threads for the bolt once its welded up?any input is appreciated :ride: also,can i weld it with the motor still in the frame?just worried about the heat

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
If this is your 2001 CR, a good welding professional can do the job quick and easy. Once it is rewelded, you'll need to retap the whole with the proper metric tap.

Mar 1, 2005
sorry guys,i left out that this is on the 60 which has the steel frame.the footpeg assembly is fine,its the mounting tab on the frame thats cracked

jrm

Apr 30, 2002
Aah, so no bolt-on footpeg bracket.

You should be able to get it welded. You'll need to find someone good who's experienced in welding chromoly. Assuming you can shield the motor from the heat somehow, you should be able to keep the motor in the frame. You should disconnect the CDI, however, to make sure you don't fry your ignition.

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
I highly doubt that a 1983 CR60 has a 4130 Chro-Mo frame. My 2002 Yzf does'nt even have a chromoly frame. AFAIK, the only manufacturer that uses 4130 steel frames is KTM.

Top Bottom