TOYOTA

Mar 2, 2004
I Am Getting Back Into The Sport After Six Years And I Bought A 99 Cr250 And I Was Wondering What Kind Of Oil I Should Run In The Case? Can I Use Regular Motor Oil? For Pre-mix In The Past I Have Always Used Golden Spectro. Qoute Me If I Am Wrong But I Think The Pre-mix Ratio For This Bike Is 32:1. :)

CR69r

Jun 1, 2003
good tip i got to save a few bucks on gear oil was to run ford F-type transmission oil. better than your straight 10-40, but cheaper than specialized 'designer brands'.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I run the Honda Hp Trans oil (red bottle). The tranny shifts smoothly, and the clutch is very progressive. I change it out about every other to every third ride. Cost is approx. $4.50/qt. For every three bottles of oil I get four tranny changes.

trout

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2003
I also use the TYPE F transmission fluid. Its cheap enough so you can change it after every ride. I tried regular motor oil, 2-stroke specific tranny oil, etc and could not tell any difference other than when I changed it. The ATF always looked cleaner.

The pre-mix is an open ended question, I think any brand is probably fine. I use the blue honda synthetic at 32:1 on my cr250 and my wifes yz85.

Congrats! on getting back into the sport.

Top Bottom