crankcase & port polishing

mxtuner

Sep 6, 2002
After viewing some responses on polishing ports would it be correct to assume that there is no advantage or disavantage to polishing the crank chamber and or the ports. Will beading the ports and crank chamber create a more turbulence thus helping on the low-end along with other porting work?

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
It depends which ports you are referring to. I like to polish the exhaust port to help keep carbon from sticking.

On the intake side, I believe you want to keep the fuel vaporized.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
MXTUNER,?
Us this foe realskis?
Theys gots to be some icon crossover heya.

mxtuner

Sep 6, 2002
I agree on polishing the exhaust port. I'm building an engine for a KX125. My son's an aggressive and did very good in the 80 class last year and this will be his first time on the 125. I left his 80 stock but I'd like to mod this 125. Is it a waste of time to polish the transfer ports and the crankcase chamber? I want to get the most low-end possible. The tracks we ride I believe this would be the best setup.

jake949

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2000
that is not the real Mxtuner is it? i see a new born on date, what ever happened to MXtuner????

mxtuner

Sep 6, 2002
As to the last reply, the name is just a name I choose, it doesn't imply that I'm a professional at it. I'm just trying to get some feed back on my question. I do know the expense involved in this and I'm trying to keep the cost down. I simply wanted to know if what I'm asking is worth it.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by mxtuner
I simply wanted to know if what I'm asking is worth it.

No it's not worth it.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Mxtuner, sometimes when I hear about some "hot" tip or some "amazing" tuning secret. I just think to myself, if it's so great why don't the manufactures who spend probably millions in R&D and change their bikes year after year do this? :cool:

In most cases it's not worth it and the manufactures know that, but it's nothing a so-cal chop shop *ahem* hop up shop, can't charge you 300 bucks for LOL ;)

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Sometimes its good to match the cases to the transfer ports and trim the base gasket with a razor blade if it hangs into the ports but you will only really see this with the motor disassembled or if youre really on the game you can make an impression with blueing compound.Save the polishing for the rims.Then youll be in bling bling heaven. CHEERS DEAN

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…