fatboyslim

Apr 11, 2006
How long would it normally take for an experience mechanic at a dealership slpit the cases and change a crank and then put it all back together if i brought him just the case with the clutch and stator out?

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
You gotta figure that even it he's Supermechanic, he'll need a couple of hours to freeze the bearings good and cold before installing them. But if he's at a dealership, you may not be first in line to be worked on anyway.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I have never seen a shop do either,I thought they left these procedures for guys with a lot of time. Honda sells all the attachments for driving them in and out with a hammer. A press is efficient,but there does require some skill and common sense. Bearings and seals go in and out with ease,I fail to see what the deal is. The crank is the one to hide the hammer. Removal is a breeze with the case splitter. Installation can be done with the case bolts. Centering I use a dead blow,it does not take much,and some align there selves when everything else is torqued. There are some manuals that recommend putting the case in an oven. Never seen the one with the freezer or torch!

Top Bottom