kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
I would like to have my crank rebuilt on my KX500. Does anyone have any recommendations on who can do this? If I ask for it to be trued and balanced, assuming there is difference between balancing and truing how will this effect the power curve on the bike? What rod kit is best? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advanced.

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
All,
Looking for a recommendation on rebuilding the crank on my KX5. Who is recommended? What can be done? Is truing and balancing a different process. etc. My goal is to remove (or lessen) the vibration. Has anyone used Gorr for this work...do he do the job or is contracted out? Sorry for all the questions.
Thanks in advance!!!

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Truing a crankshaft is different then balancing it .Truing is only making sure that everything is straight /square and within clearance tolerances, balancing is manipulating the wieght to try and minimize recipricating and rotating harmonics. You cannot really balance a single cylinder crank only find a possible acceptable compromise fora given R.P.M.
I would easily trust Eric Gorr to rebuild my crankshaft but I am not sure that I could give him or anyone else enough accurate information about myself,mybike and my conditions for balancing.Without knowing exactly what you want for a given situation /RPM and living with the compromise in other areas it could be a futile experience for you as a consumer and him as a mechanic/tuner

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
I agree I wouldn't know how to tell someone where to make the adjustmests. Like I said I'm more concerned about the vibration. Granted it's a 500 and there will definately be some vibration but right now it seems too great. What does Gore charge for this type of work. What's included?

Top Bottom