Crap! Do you ride with a dented pipe?

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
I dented my FMF pipe. It isn't crushed but it definitley has some restriction in it now. I have two extra stock pipes that I haven't even used yet, so it isn't a crisis. Has anyone ever fixed one? I was thinking of drilling a couple holes in it and pulling the dents out and then welding the holes closed. I know it wouldn't be perfect but maybe I could get some more use out of it. I've gone riding a couple of times since then and it doesn't seem to be suffering anywhere, but it does look like crap now. :ahhh:

Should have done a search. plenty of info. Looks like piperepair.com is going to make $50 off me. Sad thing is that it wasn't even a wreck per say. I lost my balance and dropped it on a sandstone shelf.

Last edited:

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
My father in law fixed the one on his cr 125 cart by plugging the ends, air pressure inside, heat the dent with a torch, watch it pop out. Not a perfect fix, but it doesn't look bad at all.

I wasn't there to watch, tho, so I'm not sure how he plugged the ends or how much pressure he used. . .

Rob

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Bring it to me SandJunky, I should have the right plugs for the ends. We can spend some quality time with the tourch and have it pretty much back to normal in half an hour or so. Hit me with a PM and I'll give you my address and phone #. YZ165

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
YZ165 said:
Bring it to me SandJunky, I should have the right plugs for the ends. We can spend some quality time with the tourch and have it pretty much back to normal in half an hour or so. Hit me with a PM and I'll give you my address and phone #. YZ165

Hey YZ, I don't have PM capability. E-mail me at sandjunkie28 at yahoo dot com.
Do you live on the Westside?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
when i dented my pipe on my 125, it ran better i think.. seemed to add low end torque and lessend the hit. hey, yz165, do you really have a 165 on your bike?? how did it make it run? was it a big difference? especially in the bottom end? thanks.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Sand, you've got mail.

Nevada, sorry for the confusion, I am a YZ nut, and my number is 165. Not very original I know, but hey, it stuck, and I kinda like being called "YZ".:eek:

Top Bottom