SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
My parents don't call me crash for nothing! I had a good head ringing today. Went for a short ride a couple miles from my house to finish up a roll of film. My mom drove out to the place to get the pictures. This place has some jumps that have been built by dirtbikers then expanded by mountain bikers. Two of the smaller ones were what I was hitting. The first one was fine. It was a small, 10' double that kicked me up about 2-3'. I first hit in fourth gear, which sent me about 8' past the landing, so I tried it in thrid gear. This sent me about 4' past the landing but I didn't want to try second gear because I didn't want to come up short. I hit the jump a few times, got some pictures, no problem. Then we headed up to a different jump. This one is more of a kicker, it has a steep takeoff. It's right in a corner so you have to kinda turn in the air so you make the corner and don't plow into a tree. I hit it two times perfect, in second gear. I came up for my last time and went too far to my left. I landed on a crash course for the tree. I jammed on my front brake, BIG mistake. Needless to say I was thrown over the bars. I didn't hit the tree, but had my bike almost land on top of me. I did a couple of somersaults, and my bike flipped a few times. My mom was screaming her face off, oh well. I got back up and went over to my bike. The bars got tweaked and my front brake lever got a new curve. The bike even started after 3 kicks. We called it a day, because the film was finished, and headed home. I spent tonight straightening out my bike because we're going camping this weekend and taking the bikes. I learned to never hit mountain bike jumps, they have too much of a lip. I'm amazed that I didn't get hurt. If the bike had landed two inches to the left it would have landed right on top of me. I think I'm gonna stick to trails now.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Yeah, I remember thinking it's gonna hurt if that bike lands on top of me. I also remember thinking that my mom should stop screaming, I'm not hurt.

Top Bottom