Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
A short time ago I got a good ol' knock on the head...enough to put me out for a few minutes. Now, in my abundance of off time, I was thinking about how damaged my helmet could be. There are some very light scratches on both sides but that's the only visable damage. What about the styrofoam inside?? Is there a way, or place/company, that can figure this out. It's a two year old shoei in really nice condition btw. Can't remember the model...but can't remember much lately :confused:

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
don't know about shoei but bell will inspect their own for a fee. I think what they do is measure the foam to see how much it is collapsed

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
enough to put me out for a few minutes.
Don't mess around, time for a new lid.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
I agree with Okie. If you knocked your head that hard, you most certainly compressed the foam in that compartment. Another shot in the same spot and your head absorbs nearly ALL of the impact.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Scott if you saw stars when you woke up the helmet ppaid the price. I know I wouldn't risk a second test if it was on Ereic's head. Buy a new one send this one of to shoei (if they willl do the testing) and if it passes you have a practice spare.
Don't take a foolish risk

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Absolutely. I had serial concussions 6,7,8/03--the first of which the bike landed on my head (helmet)....and I didn't get a new helmet. :o I thought it was broken the first time, and should have been smart enough to get a new lid--it eventually was by the 3rd. I can't remember the day of the 3rd.

For me, the price comparison was $300 helmet vs. 2 days in the hospital with EEG, CT, and a lot of time off work. :ugg:

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
Thanks, that's what I figured. Shoei will do a free test so I'm sending it off to them today and soon will be at the Torque Center trying on new ones.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I'm about an hour NE of them in Sheboygan. I see you're in Black River Falls...my gf and her family always go there riding. Hopefully one of these times I'll finally tag along with them.

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
Well i know the trails well down here and i also have plenty of riding opportunities on the 2000+ acres that i live on so if you ever wanna ride just write me a line, motorcross_250@hotmail.com

Top Bottom