cornwalker

Apr 30, 2002
Need some dirtrider.net knowledge.

2003 YZ 250F revalved by Race Tech for wood racing

I am have a terrible time coming into corners and blowing by them. Its like I can't get stopped even when the rear brake is sliding. Someone who was riding behind me at the last race mentioned that the backend of my bike was all over the trail. Because I can't get slowed enough for the corners, I grab too much front and end up either on the ground or out in the bushes.

The bike is not really deflecting and I can hit 2-4" logs wheeling at speed and not have problems with the rear end.

If this is all you have to go on, what would you say?

Any advice is appreciated

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
You need to practice braking for turns. Sliding the back wheel is not the fastest way to stop. Do you use the front brake effectively, or just grab a handful and see what happens? Try putting a cone about fifty yards away. Accelerate towards it and see how late you can brake and still turn around it. Then try and get a little closer before you hit the brakes the next time. :yikes:

Braking on a dirtbike is a fine art and takes a lot of practice. Hope that helps. :aj:

KTM-Lew

Jan 26, 2002
I use the front brake to stop/slow the bike and the rear just to settle the suspension.....

Guess you need to ask your susp builder about their set-up?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Too much rear rebound will make the rear hop side to side and be hard to control-maybe try reducing reb, if it gets worse try increasing rebound.

Top Bottom