SOMISSONE

Jul 31, 2001
you are going to crash on any good ride, always wear your protective gear.
If your Dad sees you crash jump up smiling thats part of riding.
we give each other scores on crashes.:silly:

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Okay, I've crashed. I was riding with my uncle. I did an endo, and when I came back down the bike tipped over. That doesn't happen to me. So I got back on the bike a little shaken up. I then tried my wheelie, and (of course) did a Hart-esque backflip. No broken bones or fenders, but my handlebars are "tweaked". Scared the heck out of me.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
First off there are only two kinds of riders in this world. Those are gonna crash and those that have. I'm in the later part of the statment. I have crash several times. I low sided a couple of time in the mud a few weekends ago only minor( not really even a crash) I've had a few really good get offs in my time riding. None that really were serious. I guess I just lucky. :)

spt23dc

Sep 22, 2001
Crash? of course...If you are not crashing then you are trail riding and sight seeing! Crashed into a tree in mid air once...knocked myself out so bad I pissed myself!:confused:

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
All part of the game...

My riding buddies refer to me as '5 minute guy' because without fail, I will crash within the first 5 minutes of any ride. Seems to be some kind of warm up for me. After the first crash of the day I seem to ride with more confidence (didn't hurt so bad...so add a little more throttle).

I've had a few dismounts that would make a gymnast proud. One tater broke the 'Rock Jaw' (anybody remember those?) off my helmet and left vented jersey patterns in my back for a few days. That one took me out of riding for awhile. That wreck was due to a combination of 'young and dumb' and zero experience riding.

Taking a few 'soil samples' is all part of riding. Just make sure you have all the right gear to minimze danger of any crash. When you get tired, back off a bit or take a rest. I seem to do the most crashing when I'm tired.

cr125drew

Apr 19, 2005
just ride and have fun and don't become too attached to your pretty bike, because it won't be pretty for long. i usually slide out in a corner at low speeds. rarely do i go through a ride w/o crashing.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
I went an entire year without crashing. I improved alot and gained more control of the bike. As soon as that year was up I made up for all that time by crashing 2-3 times a ride for the next 2 months. I figure the crash gods were unhappy about me cheating them for a year and got me good. Not everybody needs to push it. If you wanna ride at slower pace than please do so. Don't feel pressured to try something your not comfortable with. As you get faster, the bike responds differently to the same obstacles. Your body has to learn this new feeling. Until your body knows what its supposed to do than its likely a crash will happen. You will never outgrow crashing. Being smart about when to push and when to go slow will limit your time off the bike.

Butane

Mar 30, 2005
I've only had my bike a month or so and have already lost track of the number of times I've crashed. Buy extra levers and some good boots and pants!

Top Bottom