mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
Here is some entertainment for you (enjoy) <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ht3DMDx1spo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ht3DMDx1spo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
I watched that before. Its pretty cool...

It would be a thrill ride experience.

it would be cooler if you could hear some of the bike noises. And its funny to see them going up and then woop there goes the bike...

450X

Test It!!!
Mar 25, 2007
just to let you guys know thats what i do on my YZ490 hillclimber, :nod: we go to Billings MT. you may have heard of the Great American Hillclimb Championship, which is held in Billings, less than 3 hours from me. this hill looks almost identical to Billings. :ride:

friar tuck

Feb 9, 2006
I've always wanted to try something like that on a stockish 250 2 stroke...but now I'm getting old...not sure I'd even try it. lol I think the dudes on the ropes are as crazy as the riders!! Oh, and that WAS a killer mullet.

psycho

King Rot-Gut
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2000
I would NEVER try that.. That is some gnarly stuff!! I was glad to see someone make it all the way though. Cool vid!

450X

Test It!!!
Mar 25, 2007
in Billings i haven't made it over yet but i will keep trying. on the other side of the Billings hill it is pretty flat, there is usually a pickup on the other side with a rope tied to it, so if the bikes dont make it but are close to the top they just hook on and pull it the rest of the way. and yes the guys hanging on the side of the hill by a rope are very crazy dudes, they are hanging on and still trying to catch a bike thats flipping and rolling down the hill at them.

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
Thats pretty crazy 450x. Someday I want to build a hill climbing bike and do that kind of stuff. The question I have is I wonder if it is possible to make it to the top without an extended swingarm? :cool:

450X

Test It!!!
Mar 25, 2007
nothing is impossible but it would be very difficult to do because you only get a 10 to 15 foot run at the hill so you have no momentum, its all spinning and power climbing, so the front end always wants to come up.

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
450X said:
on the other side of the Billings hill it is pretty flat, there is usually a pickup on the other side with a rope tied to it, so if the bikes dont make it but are close to the top they just hook on and pull it the rest of the way.

Brilliant! Thanks.

450X

Test It!!!
Mar 25, 2007
hubertgarfunkel that must be one SWEET bicycle. :laugh: i have to get one of those. :nod:

Top Bottom