Mar 16, 2007
does anyone know if any schools will give you credits for riding? has anyone ever heard of this before? I think my cousin had found a way to get credits for surfing so I figured hey if he can get credits for surfing maybe I can get credits for racing? :think:

maybe im just :coocoo:

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

I've heard of people getting school credit for piano...ect where they actually take tests in the subject despite it being outside of school, but I have never heard of anyone getting credit for riding. Sure would be sweet if you could though.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
You may be able to get some "independent study" credits for riding. BUT, there will be far more work involved than you think. You will have to prove you learned something during this experience. Your surfing budy may have done some sort of oceanic surveys or kept track of the tides to justify it as an educational experience.

Keeping good records of lap times, maintenance costs, labor time, etc, would be the order of the day. Finding a high school principal or advisor who is open to non-traditional educational activities will be the hardest part.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
XRpredator said:
You may be able to get some "independent study" credits for riding. BUT, there will be far more work involved than you think. You will have to prove you learned something during this experience. Your surfing budy may have done some sort of oceanic surveys or kept track of the tides to justify it as an educational experience.

Keeping good records of lap times, maintenance costs, labor time, etc, would be the order of the day. Finding a high school principal or advisor who is open to non-traditional educational activities will be the hardest part.

bingo, we have a winner.

Mar 16, 2007
Yeah, Im talking about doing this at my local community college. Ill have to talk with some one from the school and see. That would be so bad ass to get credits for riding though. Oh sorry I have to go to "class" right now :laugh:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
HubertGarfunkleIII said:
Yeah, Im talking about doing this at my local community college. Ill have to talk with some one from the school and see. That would be so bad ass to get credits for riding though. Oh sorry I have to go to "class" right now :laugh:
terms like "bad ass" won't sell the plan as well as, oh, say "life lessons" . . .

Just a thought :)

Love, your pal

Pred

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
My son is more into wakeboarding than he is into dirt biking. He managed to get one unit of credit at California State University for wakeboarding. It was like a P.E. class, counted for general ed.

You might be able to find a college that has a Dirt Bike club and has some basis for providing "education" in this area. Or mabe you could start one.....

Rod

Top Bottom