mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
I just bought my wife a crf 150. I took the restrictors out of the pipe and air box and got the "power-up" jet and needle. I had this problem before the above mods, but they seem a bit worse after the mods.
The bike is very hard to start. If I quickly grab a hand full of throttle it dies. If I put the choke half on, the problem goes away, and the idle speed goes up. Plug is very light and dry.
I'm sure it's lean, but what should I adjust first? The jet is a 112 that Honda recomends, up from the stock 98.
I am good mechanically, but unfamiliar with this carb. Thanks for any help.

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
OK, so I richened the clip to the #2 position. Everything seemed to run a tiny bit better. Then I went full rich in the #1 position. After starting in the garage, throttle was VERY crisp. Hopes were high. Pulled out and upon hard acceleration it missed and sputtered badly. I had no time to play with the air screw, but i doubt I can tune a bad miss out huh? Thanks.

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
carb help

I just bought my wife a crf 150. I took the restrictors out of the pipe and air box and got the "power-up" jet and needle. I had this problem before the above mods, but they seem a bit worse after the mods.
The bike is very hard to start. If I quickly grab a hand full of throttle it dies. If I put the choke half on, the problem goes away, and the idle speed goes up. Plug is very light and dry.
I'm sure it's lean, but what should I adjust first? The jet is a 112 that Honda recomends, up from the stock 98.
I am good mechanically, but unfamiliar with this carb. Thanks for any help.

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
OK, so I richened the clip to the #2 position. Everything seemed to run a tiny bit better. Then I went full rich in the #1 position. After starting in the garage, throttle was VERY crisp. Hopes were high. Pulled out and upon hard acceleration it missed and sputtered badly. I had no time to play with the air screw, but i doubt I can tune a bad miss out huh? Thanks.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I think you went too rich on the needle and should have richened the pilot instead. I'd go back to the 2nd groove with the clip and try a richer pilot.

If it has a fuel screw (toward front of carb), take that out some and see how it does. If it has an air screw (toward back of carb), take it in some and try it. I imagine yours would have a fuel screw.

Top Bottom