XR3J

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 7, 2001
I recently purchased a 2003 CRF 450R and I want to get it somewhat ready for riding in the trees.Has anyone put a pair of Barkbusters on the stock bars that fit worth a hoot? Thanks in advance.

Jerry

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I put some on my CRF, but I have Renthal fatbars. It was a pain in the A$$. I have the Cycra right fit inner bar mounts and the brake line is really in the way for them. I ended up having to do a little bit of grinding to make them clear. If your gonna mount them on your bike I would strongly suggest the triple mount clamps.

bonzo

Mar 29, 2002
Jerry-
It would be a very good idea to at least put some kind of aluminum
bar on your bike before you put the hand gaurds on. The stock bars
are so soft that they will bend just too easily. The mounting of
these gaurds can be a process that should be done with plenty of
time, a solid vise, and access to one or two beers. These things
just dont bolt on, there seems to be some bending and customizing
regardless. Have fun and remember the six-pack!

XR3J

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 7, 2001
Thanks for the replies guys! I have a set of Acerbis handguards that I got put on my old XR400 at Dirtweek. I think they are the rally pro models? Anyway, I may try and get them to work. It does seem like nothing fits without modifying when it comes to barkbusters.

snaggleXR4

Aug 5, 2001
Have a look at Enduro Engineering. They have aluminum bark busters and plastic brush guards. I've used them on my XR400 and now on my XR650R with alot of luck. Easy to install, fitment was good, no bending or such. The only bad part is they don't have Honda red. However, the black ones look nice on my 650R in my opinion. They give alot better brush protection than the Acerbis and the other "integrated" types. Have a look. www.enduroeng.com

christopher

Jan 13, 2003
I installed a set of moose hand guards on my 2002 without any modifying.Comes with bar mounts and two different mounts,a rubber hose with a bolt and nut to secure to the inside end of the bars for the stock bars and a nice aluminum set up to hold onto the inside end of aluminum bars. I had to use the rubber hose w/bolt&nut set-up-works great.I have wiped-out many times w/these gaurds and have not bent the bars.

Top Bottom