BENT

Nov 28, 2000
We got our 2007 150r recently and while my son is agressive I cant believe the areas of paint chipping off the welds on the frame. He's small for a 12 year old and he's barely got 3 hours on the bike but the paint on the engine mounts, foot pegs and linkage mounts are starting to give up the paint. I guess we're spoiled by the age of aluminum frames. My 2001 KTM 400mxc seems to be holding up far better and its got over 100 hours. I suppose it's powder coated, the CRF must be paint by the looks & wear.
Anyone else experience any issues other than paint? (cracks, weak spots in the tubing or welds)

May 10, 2007
none. mine has held up fine and it has probably 30+hours and thats on the low side. i wouldnt be suprised if its closer to 40. just gotta remember to do all the work for it. check the valves, change the oil, clean the filter.

as for paint i dunno. i have noticed any on my bike.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
paint is coming off the big part of the frame on my bike right where it turns down close to where the rear shock mounts. Its only on the left side of the frame. I don't think it has anything to do with flex or stress thought because I noticed it the first day or two that I had the bike. No cracks or anything. I've had the bike almost a year now and have been very happy with it.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
The paint on mine is coming off, but were gonna have the frames on both 150s powdercoated later this year.

Top Bottom