Crash 142

May 30, 2002
Will the .45 fork springs for the 2004-5 CRF250 fit in my 2004 RM250 two stroke? The numbers on the racetech website match up, but I'm talking putting stock springs from the Honda into the Suzuki (both are Showa). I'm wondering if anyone has done this. Also, has anyone measured the springs to be sure they are the correct length?

I want to experiment with stiffer springs in my Suzuki in the front, and I think I can get my hands on the Honda springs.

Anyone have any comments on how the stiffer springs will work? I am only 160 (ride MX only) but feel the bike is riding low in the front, especially under braking coming into the corners with the braking bumps, and tending to knife under in turns.

And also, my bike didn't feel like this for the first six months I owned it (bought it new). I had the suspension serviced and then revalved, but can't get away from this 'stinkbug' feel. Is it possible my stock springs 'sacked out' after 6 months? Maybe the forks finally, really broke in, revealing I need stiffer springs to hold the front end higher in the stroke?

I have a ligher rear spring that I've been experimenting with to better balance the bike, but I think I would be better stiffening the front to keep both ends higher, rather than softening the rear to make both ends lower.

Am I right in thinking it is not best to use the fork compression clickers to adjust for ride height? Or regarding dive under braking, is the answer found there?

Any help, insight, and most of all, direct experience with this will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i always thought the CRF250 springs were 0.44s.

either way, i dont know that you would notice much difference. Funny, i have the 05, i wiegh 220-230, and a 200lbs pro also rode the bike and we both thought the bike was riding way high on the front with 0.46s!

get back to basics and make sure all the measurements and clickers are in a good ball park and the forks are serviced with propper oil level etc.

Top Bottom