motomaster123

Nov 30, 2006
hi, im looking to buy a 2005 crf250 in a couple of days and i just wanted to know if it is gonna be a good reliable bike and what to look for in it and other stuff i might need to know about them, i mostly will be riding trails and around the house but every once in a while go to the track. and about how many hours will i get out of the motor is all maint is up to par.
i will really appreciate and info thanks. rob

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
if i were you i would get the CRF250X its made for the trails and woods and for what i've heard is thats its a beast of a bike!

If you keep up on your mainteance and everything it should last a couple years(the engine) without any MAJOR damage as in a top end rebuild or just a new piston. But thats the same with everything. If its man made it will break and you will almost never know when.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Biggest thing for maintenance is checking your valve clearances. Sometimes the intake valves on the CRF250 like to tighten up, which would require you to put in smaller shims to get the valve clearances back in spec. If you do 2-3 shim adjustments, at that point, you would want to consider replacing the valves. But realistically, if you stay on top of preventative maintenance, I have many friends who have put 3+ years on a 250F with no major motor issues (including myself).

Top Bottom