Lastchild

Nov 23, 2002
Has anyone had the chance to ride this bike in the woods?
I'm considering using this for Enduros and I'd like some feedback.
I don't feel like waiting for the X model.

CRSpeedy

Nov 24, 2002
I hav'nt did any enduros yet but I will. I'll miss the wide ratio tranny on the high speed sections. Another thing that might concern me, never having a 4 stroke before would be the really gnarly sections where you can't get out of 1st gear for what seems forever. The occasional bottle neck , especially on those "killer' up hills where there are a bike or a few stuck and blocking the only passable way and you're behind them 1/2 half way up the hill sitting at a 45 degree angle. Mine seems to get really hot with no air passing through it.

Chris_S

Nov 25, 2002
I did a GP race (comb. hare scramble and MX) last Sunday, and it was frickin' awesome! I was beat on the start (MX style), but it had plenty of power even in deep sand, and the light weight/easy handling made me last longer and ride harder all the way to the end of the race.

Mine is set up for MX, not woods, but it does great there anyway. BTW, i have a PC Ti4 ex. w/ 42 pilot/165 main, which really improved the power and throttle response througout the curve.

DCox

Dec 29, 2003
I have an '04 CRF450 and the first mods recommended to me for woods was a jump up in rear sprocket gearing, a flywheel weight, boost up the idle andperhaps a spark-arrestor, skid-plate, et al.

Top Bottom