Crf250r or RMZ250

• Total voters

Michael.L

Sep 4, 2014
Okay let me cut this short I'm 14 5f 4 and yes i know, I should be getting a 125 but the issue is there are no 125s for sale in the area at the price range I'm limited to. Basically my brother and I have been arguing he's 17 and wants to become a motorbike mechanic he usual services our bikes, hes okay with the Crf250r but not with the Rmz250 this is due to the fact the rmz has a big bore kit with 15ccs, the crf250r looks a lot bigger then the rmz. The old owner of the rmz i was taller then and they could touch ground in the bike, so personally i think the rmz is more safe because I wont be speeding on it at all probally not even past 3 gears for a long time. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 234
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 221
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 229

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Get the best bike for your budget that is in the best shape. CRF's have been known to be reliable and rather straightforward to work on.

Make sure your budget allows for proper riding gear and any new parts it may need. Depending on age of the bike it may be a good idea to put a new piston and ring in if it hasn't ever had one and has a lot of hours.

Ivan

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
First off, who the heck sets a bike on a stand in the house on a hardwood floor????

You mentioned a 125: were you thinking of a 125 two stroke? The frame size on such a bike is about the same as the 250 four strokes so that shouldn't be a factor. The two stroke vs four stroke debate is a whole other issue.

At 5'4 you will be tip-toeing the CRF250r. I would advise lowering the suspension a bit. You can purchase a "Kouba link" that can drop the rear an inch and then raise the forks an inch and be a lot more comfortable on the bike. When you grow a couple of inches you just put the bike back the way it was and all is good. Changing the suspension link is easy.

Personally, I wouldn't want a 250 four stroke with a big-bore kit. If you need more HP than a 250 just buy the 450 model. If you ever start racing you may find yourself competing with the 450 cc guys because the big bore kit pushed you out of the 250 cc class.

Ditto what Ivan said about riding gear.

Rod

Top Bottom