katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
Has anyone changed suspension on their CRF250R for (eastern) woods only use? It certainly needs it. What'd you go with? I'm considering sending mine out but do not know who to send it to.

I thought with my weight (190) I might be ok with stock suspension like it worked out for my KTM125SX, but not so with the Honda. It's just too stiff and I've tried clickers 'everywhere' and come to the conclusion I'll have to send it out to be re-valved - both ends - shock and forks.

I absolutely love the motor and had Pro-Tect Enduro out of CT. make me a "riser" bar mount that incorporates the Scott's damper under the bar like a GPR unit - raising the bar approx 1 inch which it also needed for woods work.

I'd appreciate hearing your experiences. Thanks.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
My bike isn't a CRF, but the suspension was done for the woods by Factory Connection. They have a long history with CR suspension, both for track and woods. I am extremly pleased with the FC suspension on my bike.

endurohero

Apr 16, 2003
try the factory connection pressure springs for the forks and shock.Its a cheap way to start getting your suspension working better for the woods.If your not super fast then try the softest springs they offer (1.01kg ? i think).Phone them and ask first.

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
Sounds like Factory connection is most often recommended - I'll have to give them a call.
I do not want the suspension too soft either - I raced as 'A' class rider for years - Can't keep that pace any longer but I'm not ready for XR type suspension quite yet either -- nor the motocross suspension beating the tar out of me. It'd be nice to have "plush" initial travel (first 2/3 inches), then firmer to absorb the bigger hits.

Top Bottom