jabbott233686

Jun 25, 2006
crf250x help... in need of some advice

Hey i'm new here and i was wondering what kind of stuff would be good on an 05 crf250x. I want to keep it under $400
and i know i want the boyesen quickshot but is the 2 piece hi-flow impeller kit worth it? I don't think i need an exhaust (too much $$$) and i'm looking for throttle respnse and good bottom to mid boosts. i'm only 14 and my parents are still skeptical on me putting mods on the bike :bang: so i need lots of positive things for products...

thanks
jason

Last edited:

jabbott233686

Jun 25, 2006
if i uncorck the exhaust, will i still be legal for trail riding and i've heard that if you cut the pink wire you will have valve problems, i don't want to do something that i will regret because my parents will go psycho, and i don't want to run the risk of hurting it myself.

thanks,
jason

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I did a jet and a needle change on mine. I only run it uncorked on the track, otherwise it stays corked. It woke it up alot with the carb changes. Didn't cut the pink wire or change the cam. If you do a cam change, you'll lose the bottom torque and the same if you change the exhaust. The cam change will give you a top end but if you trail it on slow stuff, it'll suffer. Mine was totally stock ofhter than the carb changes and it runs great.

jabbott233686

Jun 25, 2006
thanks for the input guys i think i'm gonna go with the quickshot, jd jetting kit, and the hy-flo impeller kit.
i like to keep it simple, but i might look into some of the free mods like the backfire screen.

thanks again
-jason

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom