lavaman

Back 2 riding 2-Strokes
~SPONSOR~
Sep 21, 2003
From what I hear, see, smell.......

Prolly the:

1. low/midrange torque

2. Seat-of-the-pants throttle response is *sorta* getting closer to that of 2-strokes

3. No need to Pre-mix

4. Lighter weight of *some* are getting closer to 2-strokes

5. Electric start on some

HTH........

datsunman

Sep 17, 2003
I've just test ridden both bikes as a first time off roader..

The CRF is smooth as silk when you open the throttle, a lot more predictable than the CR, especially if like me, you've ridden road bikes for a couple of years. The bike feels slightly heavier than the CR although I doubt that'll matter for a while (until I can jump anyway) and feels slightly more planted than the CR in turns. (Again this could purely be inexperience/lack of speed.)

The CR is somewhat an animal IMO, the throttle is like a 'back wheel spinning 'on/off switch!! (Apparently the back end of the CRF was all over the place too but I guess the slower/deeper sounding noise of the engine convinces your brain you're going slower.) It feels lighter than the CRF and tends to glide over rather than plough through obstacles. I feel that this bike was a lot less forgiving than the CRF, like if you sneeze it might have you off.

Both are awesome bikes but I plumped for the CRF. For me the smoother power gave me heaps more confidence. If anything I went faster on the CRF because the CR made me more scared!! :)

I think if I had had more experience the CR would be the toy to have, lighter, easier to chuck round and *instant* power, the CRF on the other hand seemed slightly more user friendly and much more suited to the novice rider.

shnalln

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2002
Originally posted by datsunman
The CR is somewhat an animal IMO...

Oh Yea... :aj:

like if you sneeze it might have you off....[/QUOTE]

And it will too...or it does me any way! :laugh:

Both are awesome bikes but I plumped for the CRF. [/QUOTE]

So you got it? :thumb:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom