Crf450X impressed me, I need one

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
Today at the track I was running my CR250R and having some fits in between the over watering, the clutch going out and the mushy front brake. I felt like I was still getting around the track ok, just a lot more effort than normal.

My brother offers to trade off for a little bit. I took his brand new CRF450X out for a spin thinking that it was going to feel a bit heavy compared to my bike out there. I figured I would do a couple uncomfortable laps and then trade back. After the first lap, I just got faster and faster. I was hauling butt and clearing jumps easy. This stinkin bike still had the stock pipe and insert in it! After about 20 laps I wasnt even that tired compared to my CR. I couldnt help but laugh in my helmet when I would think about having a headlight beaming around the track and a blinking LED brake light everytime I used it.

Verdict- I knew this bike was a blast on trails, but I couldnt believe how I could rail it on the track. Im definately going to be looking for one of these in the near future.

CRF450XRIDER

Aug 3, 2006
I Know What You Mean! I Bought A Brand New One At The End Of '05, Was Used To Riding Xr250s And 400s,this Thing Screams! And The Good Thing Is That Is All Stock As Far Engine Mods Goes,i Almost Think I Bought Too Much Bike,because I Can't Ride It To Its Full Potential,but There Is Nothing Out There I Would Trade It For Either.

Top Bottom