rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
So im wanting too get a new off-road bike.. I Currently ride a 2001kx250, ride mostly trails, havent been on a mx track in aw hile now.. Im currently in the market for a new 450.. Im not in favor of the yzf450wr, so Yamaha is out off the picture.. I Like the crf450x from what i have seen and now heard about it, but the valve issue makes me nervous.. So today i took a trip out too the KTM dealer and looked at a 450exc.. Ive ridden 2 of them before, nice power.. How re-liable is the motor in the ktm?? From what i have heard, adjusting the valves is pretty simple comared too the Honda.. I have no problem on maintenance, actually i enjoy wrenching on bikes, so no worries.. What worries me is cost.. One thing the KTM (i might add they do sell Honda too) pointed out is that the KTM motor mainly uses forged parts, good or bad?? Hmmm So basically im looking for the pros and cons.. Thanks in advance for the replies..
Rick

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
in my opinion, a coin toss. Had the CRF450X been out when I bought my KTM, the decision would have been tougher. But, I also look at how I "fit" the bike. If you are a smaller guy, the CRF is probably more your style.

I don't think you'd be hurt going either direction, since both seem to have it nailed.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Yeah im 6'1 265, Im leaning towards the EXC.. Plus i can get it otd for about $6200..
Have you had any valve issues?? How hard are they too adjust?? From what i've heard, pretty simple..

Top Bottom