tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Hey yall,

A bunch of us NTSP Muenster Hounds and another group of my dualsport brothers are headed up to Oklahoma for a day ride at Crossbar. There should be 10-15 of us. Temps look reasonable and I have not ridden the new trail.

Ranger Brad is doing a benefit cookout Saturday as well. It is a fund raiser for a local that was injured seriously in the service and needs some help. Word is that it is a donation dinner that includes ribs.

We are shooting to be there by 9AM. Who is going?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I'll be there, Gino, with Jimbo and probably Josh. Luster's going, too, and Alan, Darrell, Grady and Brian; not sure who else. Should be a nice day Saturday.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I'm watching the weather. Looks like a 60 percent chance of rain at Davis, which could put the kibosh on the whole deal. I'm definitely riding somewhere, though. Right now, Talihina is likely to have a high of 81 degrees (pretty cool for this time of year) and only a 10 percent chance of rain. I might have to hit the Big K. I'll keep an eye on the weather, and will pull the trigger tomorro.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Jimbo,

we may all default to Kiamichi if the rain keeps falling. Luster is in contact with Brad. I think the only thing that would stop us is the road in getting flooded but I could be wrong.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
The creek crossings at Cross Bar get really deep when it rains. If they'd build a bridge across the creek on the main road in, and then some across the worst creek crossings on the trail, it would be an all-weather riding area. It's either Muenster or Kiamichi tomorrow, depending on weather. Right now, they're calling for a 70 percent chance of rain all day long at Muenster. Kiamichi has a 50 percent chance until 10 a.m., then decreasing to 40 percent. That looks like our best bet at this point. Let's wait until this afternoon to pull the trigger.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Weather report:
"At 855 am...National Weather Service meteorologists detected an area of light to moderate rain with embedded thunderstorms covering a large portion of eastern Oklahoma from southern Leflore and Latimer counties...northwest to Osage and Pawnee counties. The entire area continues to move to the north-northwest at 25 mph. Heaviest rainfall was located over extreme northern Okmulgee County into northern Creek County. This activity will move into Pawnee and Osage counties. Rainfall rates exceeding one inch per hour can be expected with these showers and thunderstorms. Through 10 am...rain and thunderstorms will continue over much of eastern Oklahoma...mainly west of a line from Poteau to Pryor to Bartlesville. Isolated showers or thunderstorms will be possible across extreme northeast Oklahoma through western Arkansas... however rain amounts will be much lighter."

Looks like the heaviest rain is around Tulsa and moving north northwest, so Talihina should escape the worst.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I was planning on a ride this weekend but I am waiting on an air cleaner. It should have been here by now. The battery boiled over due to rect/reg problems and I ended up with some extra big holes from the acid dripping down on the air cleaner. I definately don't want to ride it as is.

I got my truck purchased and now I waitng for him to clean it out and bring it to me. It is a 98 GMC box van. It will hold 3 bikes or 2 quads. It has a Couch/bed, tv, stereo, frig, and a few extras. It is a little rough but with some of my handy work, it will be Mudd Slinger heaven. No more setting up tents and hiding from the rain.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Well, I heard Cross Bar was nice and dry. Sorry I missed it, though we had an epic ride at the Kiamooch. I wonder how Muenster was?

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Anyone riding Saturday? I'm riding somewhere with hopefully all 3 of my sons. If the youngest comes it will need to be either Barnwell or Muenster. I'm really looking forward to riding Crossbar again, but he wouldn't enjoy that.

Jim: Benjamin is interested in knowing if your niece will be riding. ;)

Last edited:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Seldon: my niece went back to Florida, unfortunately. I think she had fun riding, and I hope she'll come out soon to ride again. Maybe we'll see you guys at Muenster Saturday.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
We'll be heading to Muenster in the morning, unless in the morning I see it's raining heavily there, in which case we'll go to Barnwell.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom