250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
I am thinking of buying a new bike this year,a 250 2-stroke,but I am not sure what to get.I have a wr250 and love it,except for the wieght.I see a ton of Cr's for sale around here cheaper than the other 250's,and the YZ's seem really expensive.Even a 1994 WR250 sells for about 2,500!!( I am looking at the 1998-2005 range for my new bike).So what is better,kX,YZ,CR,RM,SX....?what are the differences?And why are there soooo many CR's for sale compared to the others?And also,why are the YZ's and WR's so expensive?

mark808

Aug 22, 2006
i personally like the kx. they are easy to find parts for. but they are all good bikes. pick the one you can find the best deal on.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Everyone is going to have there personal opinion about each bike. Just find the newest nicest bike in your price range, and trust me you will be happy.

I like Kawasaki and Yamaha better. A lot of people will argue me about it. And i don't think Kawasaki has that much maintenance. Just the normal stuff you should do on any bike.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
The bikes condition is much more important than it's color. Seems like certain brands hold thier value better in certain areas. Around here Hondas bring the highest resale value. As mentioned, make sure you have local dealer support for whatever you buy.

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Sixds,I live in southern British columbia.Where in Canada do you live?

I never really thought of going to a dealer to find a used bike.I have just been looking around in the newspapers and the buyandsells.There are a ton of bikes for sale privately around here.I know it can be risky,but the three bikes I have kicking around now were not purchased through a dealer,and they have turned out just fine.I will keep my eye out for a good bike at my favorite local dealer though ;) And condition isn't too much of a problem,my friend works at the the local bike shop,and my Dad is a mechanic,he taught me well :cool:

ropethebike

Oct 24, 2006
There is a ton of internet posts asking this same question. I read all of them last year. The 06 YZ seems to be the best pick by lots of folks. I have a 05 myself and pro action did the suspension............its a great bike.

I think most folks will tell you the geometry of the RM is sweet in the way it turns...............I have an RM too and it turns nice.

Anyway, thats the consensus that I found last year searching the net. I now own both and they are both great bikes in their strong areas....yz..great motor...........rm......excellent handling and turning

rtb

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
Sixds,I live in southern British columbia.Where in Canada do you live?

I never really thought of going to a dealer to find a used bike.I have just been looking around in the newspapers and the buyandsells.There are a ton of bikes for sale privately around here.I know it can be risky,but the three bikes I have kicking around now were not purchased through a dealer,and they have turned out just fine.I will keep my eye out for a good bike at my favorite local dealer though And condition isn't too much of a problem,my friend works at the the local bike shop,and my Dad is a mechanic,he taught me well

im in sk.

The reason i said find a bike that has a dealer close by is so its easy to get parts for.

Top Bottom