Crybabies on DRN

Creeper9

~SPONSOR~
Oct 28, 1999
Ok,

I never get in on these rants where people are complaining about “Rich hurt my feelings,” but there’s been so many of them, I thought I might say something in his defense (not that he needs me to defend him).

I’ve never seen a guy take as much abuse on a board and still offer help to those that ask. It’s like he has a target on his head saying “Flame me I deserve it” or something!? :| If he catches you B.S-ing your way through something, he’ll point it out. Maybe not the sugar coated way that you might like, but if it hurt your feelings, then maybe you should grow some hair, or ask your self “Do I REALLY know what I’m talking about? Would I try this on my bike?” Ask yourself this before you give advice or try to claim your “expertness” on a subject. I’ve never met Rich, but I have asked him a few questions. He knows his stuff and has tried almost any weird idea you can come up with. If he hasn’t tried it, he has enough understanding of motorcycles to give you a fact based opinion about it. His answers are short, to the point, and if he doesn’t know, he’ll say it. How often do you really run into someone on the internet like that? I mean come on, it's pretty rare.

The other thing about it is GROW UP and quit wasting time. :silly: There are quite a few people on this board that have realized what an asset he is. You can whine and cry all you want about him, but all you’re going to get is a pounding from the people that know him and have benefited from him. So, before you fire off a malicious message, dry your eyes, wipe your nose, and go put on your big people pants ‘cause you’re going to need them. Trust me, if you decide to leave because of him it's your loss not ours. Bye.

P.S. If anyone finds this message offensive then I’m probably talking about YOU!

- :debil:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Very nicely worded Creeper.

I'm here to copilot, pred.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i disagree, Rich deserves everything he gets. he has been especially horrible to me ever since i outed him on the fact that he gets all his technical info from going back to old copies of MXA and DirtBike that he has stored away in his home, "technical library"- yeah right, just a collection of old moto comics if you ask me!

at the end of the day, he is just a big bully and he should grow up and start being nice to people.

i wonder if this is a bad time to ask Rich for another sparkplug reading????:confused:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by bclapham

i wonder if this is a bad time to ask Rich for another sparkplug reading????:confused:

Not at all Bruce. My advice is to lean out the main jet about 5 steps and then head out to Glamis for some WOT fun. No need to check the plug, everything will be just fine. :p

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
you stole that from Aug 02's "secret world of jetting" didnt you????:)

i would like to take this opportunty to thank everyone on the board, especially people like Rich that have taken the time to help me in the last couple of years.- just a good job Rich has a sense of humor!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
While I certainly appreciate the kind words they really aren't necessary. Being the bad guy is simple math in the end.

People with agendas + a public forum = someone who is hated most for trying to serve the best interest of the site

Frankly I don't care if people hate me, flame me, or burn me in effigy in their pits. Their whining is a constant source of amusement for me. I sleep soundly at night knowing I try each day to do some good and share what I can. Hopefully other members do likewise and the sport grows as a result. My plan is simple and so are my expectations The opinions of the ranting minority don't bother me in the least. I consider the source and move on.

What does bother me is people who decide they have an axe to grind with a company or an individual and try to use DRN as a forum for that crap. If you have a legitimate beef and present it in a reasonanly thoughtful manner you are more than welcome to express it here. You may have people disagree, but that's the point of an public forum.

BUT, once you turn into one of these ranting vendetta wielding LOSERS, prepare to have you and your moronic posts edited, deleted, mocked and generally held in contempt. Paying money to help keep the site running does not buy you the right to grind your personal axe out here. If you aren't happy with that, TOUGH, that part won't ever change. :p

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Since everyone is getting all touchy feely with Rich, I think I'll chime in. He is DEFINATELY all about providing info and helping out the members of the board. Sure I've seen him rip into people on here. Then I do a search on the users posts and always end up seeing as to how/ why it all came to a head. Show him some common courtesy as a human being , and you'll get it back 10 fold. This can be applied to anyone you cross paths with. Atleast that's what my personal experience has been. :thumb:

Thanks Rich for all the help you've given me and to others on the site.
[Now kindly remove your azz from my lips...] :eek:

Creeper9

~SPONSOR~
Oct 28, 1999
Pred,

I hope you have the "extra cargo" version of the Whaaambulance. There seems to be quite a few people around here that need a ride. :confused:

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
You guys really think sucking up will get you somewhere. Or is it a habit? Amazing! :moon:

Relax!! I'm just pulling your chain.

those posers don't rate a second glance or a reply. Ignore them and they'll fall in line although there seems to be an endless supply at times.

The next big thing is "buzz marketing" where posers or existing members will log on or join up and talk up products. They are getting compensated for their time spent in this activity. It starts out seemingly innoucuous and escalates. Sounds like a deceptive marketing strategy to me but you can make your own decision.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by fishhead
The next big thing is "buzz marketing" where posers or existing members will log on or join up and talk up products. They are getting compensated for their time spent in this activity. It starts out seemingly innoucuous and escalates. Sounds like a deceptive marketing strategy to me but you can make your own decision.

All the more reason to stop spammers in their tracks and throw the BS flag when it's obviously needed. :thumb:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by XRpredator
The Waaahmbulance is gassed up and ready.

Way to be, Pred. You'll get a plaque next year at DW for sure. :thumb: I've got the Colonmobile all ready to go in a moment's notice too. It's loaded with fresh fruit, Metamucil, TP, baby wipes, and mags. Just waiting for the signal. Hey, we should trade jobs once in a while, just for kicks!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
How can everyone here be so blind? You have all been taken for a fool (excluding me). I for one KNOW that Rich Rorich doesn't really exist, the screen name is fictitious and was made up by another DRN member. The logic is simple, if he were to post using his real screen name he would have no credibility and his post’s would be yielded useless by those that really know him. By logging in using his secret identity “Rich Rorich”, he can fire away insults by relying on his “phony bologna” fictitious credentials. He does this as a way to get his jollies, say what he really wants to say but doesn't have the guts to say it in real life and most importantly never has to worry about anyone running into him at a track. After all, was this Rich Rorich character at DW03? How about DW02? See what I mean, he doesn't really exist!

The real question is Who "Rich Rorich" really is?

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
He's a transvestite from Detroit named "Cherry". Don't ask what the Saturday Night Special is.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Jeff Gilbert

We'll never know. Rumor has it he was killed at DW01 in a freak power washer accident. They claim BillyWho had just finished washing his bike when BOOM, no more ghost poster. :scream:

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
Originally posted by bclapham
ihe gets all his technical info from going back to old copies of MXA and DirtBike that he has stored away in his home, "technical library"

:laugh: hehehe

In my beginning here I soon realized my squidward brain :confused: was no match for Rich. Thanks a TON for all of your help!! :thumb:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999

The answer is:  Vic Krause.  They are one in the same.  After a breaking up with hi-torque over a multi-million dollar contract dispute over what direction to take the "Mr. Know it All"  Column, Rich/Vic wandered aimlessly through the wilderness for years.

Then along came the Dirty Rotten Network.  They had an opening for a "heavy" and Rich/Vic filled the void nicely.

Great work Vic!  :thumb: :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Timr
Great work Vic!  :thumb: :)

DAMN, my cover is blown. I guess it's back to selling unobtanium coated sprockets on late night TV. :whiner:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I for one KNOW that Rich Rorich doesn't really exist...

All of a sudden I feel icky. :eek:

Last edited:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Bruce,

You can co-pilot as long as I get to hold Pred's stick.

Love,

Darren

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
This was my favorite all time explanation in regards to Rich.

Originally posted by Sage
Rich doesn’t really exist, he's a board cleaning computer program donated to Okie from MIT’s computer science lab for testing and R&D purposes, the R.I.C.H (routine interaction cleansing hardware) is a complex hardware driven filter that fits between the DRN v.bulletin software and it’s server as a means of catching all DRN non-moto bs, spam an any other questionably content and quickly pistol whipping the thread starter. When the equipment was first developed it was quite efficient but during a power outage at the server head end something happened, a virus somehow developed and got into the DRN system and even after the hardware was disconnected and destroyed for some reason the R.I.C.H program would not delete and worse it developed a gross intolerance for really meaningless posts, oil topics & debates and certain members. It’s just a glitch in the DRN system that we all must live with for DRN to exist, if you learn how to harness the power within the R.I.C.H system you will find it quite useful, but as with all powerful things in life they take time to learn and understand.

Hope you find this valuable DRN info useful - Sage :laugh:

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
I'd just like to say that you guys are pathetic - the whole damn lot of you.

Here we have a flame about bloody whiners and what, it turns into a kiss butt session. In the old days, flames about Rich were hilarious but unfortunately a lot of folk have realised he is a decent person & now stick up for him. Methinks he's mellowing in his old age.

We need some decent flames but not like the ones down CA (haven't heard any updates on that, last I heard it was arson, but that was last week sometime).

Top Bottom