dirtnap007

Apr 19, 2009
I've made a few custom things for my dirtbike because i simply do not have the money to buy the aftermarket accesories. I've been looking at the Fasst flex bars and they are roughly $350.00 and i've come up with an idea to see if i can either make my own flex bar or buy the pivot flex part from the company and fabricate it to a set of bars. what do you guys think? have you ever heard of anyone making their own flex bars?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I can only be reminded of the bike that Pastrana brought to X Games a few years ago.. The one with the bicycle type forks.. The ones that blew up on impact..

Yeah, not a good plan. But if you do, please don't forget to have someone shooting quality video on the first jump so we can all enjoy the carnage. ;)

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
I'll play advocate. Build it and let us see it before you attempt to ride. "Can't" never did nothing and "won't" never will. I've had a lot of ideas over the years. Some good, most bad.
Back about 20 years ago I had the idea of welding two bicycle brake handles together to mount on a control stick in an ultralight aircraft so I could have differential braking. Three friends poo-poo'd the idea because it's crappy aluminum and they said it couldn't be welded and hold; couldn't route the cables without jeopardizing control of the plane; blah, blah, blah. It held for several years and did an oustanding job. Now, I would have never marketed it as manufactured. I would have had it machined from one piece. But it worked very well for me.
Somebody, somewhere built a prototype for the flex bars that are being sold today.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
2strokerfun said:
I'll play advocate. Build it and let us see it before you attempt to ride. "Can't" never did nothing and "won't" never will. I've had a lot of ideas over the years. Some good, most bad.
Back about 20 years ago I had the idea of welding two bicycle brake handles together to mount on a control stick in an ultralight aircraft so I could have differential braking. Three friends poo-poo'd the idea because it's crappy aluminum and they said it couldn't be welded and hold; couldn't route the cables without jeopardizing control of the plane; blah, blah, blah. It held for several years and did an oustanding job. Now, I would have never marketed it as manufactured. I would have had it machined from one piece. But it worked very well for me.
Somebody, somewhere built a prototype for the flex bars that are being sold today.

Well said.

Build it, and they will come!

Top Bottom