firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I think this has been addressed in the past but I could not find the thread. I have bent my stock silencer so far that it hits my rear tire now. I crash a lot and that’s not going to change anytime soon. And while I am the first one to say I hate loud bikes, I also hate bent silencers, subframes, and all the parts and bolts and panels that don’t line up anymore. I’ve heard of cutting the last part—after the bend—off to make the silencer more normal sized and less of a target to fall on. Anyone have any more info on this?

B

biglou

Go here: http://www.ktm-racetech.com/ and click on the "Message Board" button, upper left of screen. I don't remember exactly where, but this has been addressed in their "General Discussion" forum. Lots of great jetting info in the "Jetting" forum, and quite a few familiar "faces", too.
It's not as well regulated as DRN so there's the occaisional B.S. to get through but not too much.

Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
Been there done that

I cut my silencer down about a month or so ago. I used directions that I got off of the Yahoo 200 groups that I know you are familiar with. Message 1323 gives pretty good directions. I had a few unanswered questions since I hadn't ever had a silencer apart before, but I figured it out. I will go into further detail regarding the modificatin if you need it. I cut approx. 5.5" off of my silencer but the post I am refering you to only cut off 3.5". Mine is cut off right behind the drain bolt and it worked out great. email me if you need any more detail bydesign@effingham.net

Neal

Top Bottom