Cycle trailer leaf spring broke----Repair?

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
It's a two-place sled, trailer that I use for everything, and I'd like to repair it, if that makes sense, since I made stake sides for it also.

The right side leaf broke completely off from the rear bracket. The Leafs hold the axel in place, but the axel is still holding pretty well. I actually used this for some time before I noticed the leaf was broke. It's stored outside, so it could be from rust.

So far I learned that if I replace the broken leaf, I should replace both. That makes sense. But cost? And where to get it done? Or where to find the parts? And is it worth it in the end? This happened some time ago, and I have been watching for used trailers, but nothing has come up. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
Look in your local yellow pages under "springs" and you should find a few "spring shops". Take the broken spring there and have them copy it. Shouldn't be a problem. Have them make two if it makes you feel better.:)

Dale

Jan 6, 2000
having springs made is a costly repair try locating a shop that sells axel systems in your area most truck axel shops also sell small trailer axels and springs, if they can locate a replacment spring it will be much cheaper. also if your other spring isnt broke or bent then just replace the broke spring. I run a steel fab shop that builds trailers so im not an expert but i am well informed Good luck

azcourt

Apr 29, 2001
I broke a spring onn my Bass boat last summer. I took it into a spring shop here in Phoenix, they had the same size in stock. $40 bucks if I recall.

Top Bottom