Cycle World sucks

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
I HATE going into "cycle world" but sometimes I have to. I needed an Oring for my countershaft, it was leaking pretty good. ITs the ring that goes behind the collar in back of the sprocket. I went on in, and the lousy counter guy asked me what I needed, and I was watching him pull up the screens, and he couldnt find the oring. He was looking on the crank case pic, and took way too much pleasure in pointing out to me that it wasnt there.

I told him there was certainly one on there, maybe it was on another diagram. He took a phone call at that point, which was personal I might add, and pretended to look at other screens while talking about plans for later on the phone. (I could see his screen, he was bouncing randomly all over, pretending to look, but not staying on one screen long enough for me to even focus on it. Most of that time he wasnt even looking at the terminal, he was staring off at the wall talking on the phone. ) He sort of gave me a blank shrug. At which point I layed down the bottle of oil and grips I had on his counter and left.

Found a site that I could have OEM parts pics for Kaws on, and printed out the transmission pic for kx250 J2 and took it back in the next day, but to my displeasure he was not there. I showed this other guy the pic, and he was impressed..."thats the same pic I got!" ...duh....so I got my oring for $3.65 and left.

Par for the course at cycle world. A bunch of stupid kids whose major qualification is that they ride the bikes that their dads bought them or maybe they watch supercross on TV. Trying to tell me that the part i need doesnt exist.

I came up the hard way, I got a piece of crap give away honda when I was 12, and it was either fix it every week, or stop riding, and 20 years and 30 or so bikes later, its pretty much the same story, I do all my own work. THe thought of letting these idiots lay a hand on one of my machines is revolting. I mail order most of what I need form Dennis Kirk or CHapparal. ITs only the odd OEM crap I need that brings me to cycle world. Always crap. I feel like Ive been raped most the time, walking out of there. They wanted to charge me $10 for a spark plug I can get for $3.75!!!

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Yeah dude, I was just in cycle world yesterday, they had some register jockey there at the goggle counter who knew nothing.
.couldnt pull up an item for me either..
if you want to get parts/hardware at a shop in the area, check out DIRT FIRST, those guys repair bikes and know their stuff
they are at 8869 Citation Road, baltimore, md 21221 410-686-9693..
Those guys actually race harescrambles and such, good guys.. decent prices too.

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
in the past, Ive had better luck out at the rosedale store rather than the brooklyn store., there are a FEW guys who know what theyre doing, but not many....

Top Bottom