BUK0138

Sponsoring Member
Mar 29, 2001
Sorry I am new to motocross.... And I'm full of questions. How do I go about getting an AMA card and a district 17 card. I am not ready to race yet, but will probably want to give it a go come late May or early June. I want to make sure that I have everything in line when I give this racing thing a go. I really appreciate any help or advice.
Thanks
biggrin.gif

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
The AMA card will cost ya $39 and the district cars $20 (for only one class) - and that will have you all set for racing locally. For more info - check out wardy's page www.megacross.com and in the D17 Info link you can find schedules and other stuff.

------------------
'01 YZ 125 - #32
2000 D17 Women's Motocross Champion
Sponsors: DGY, MX-Tech, Bell, Smith, Works Connection, Boyesen, Twin Air, SoCal/DeCal Works, Morris Trailer Sales, and Skyway Trucking

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
You could go to the track that you plan on racing at to watch an event before your first race day. While there you can sign up for the AMA card and the d17 card. It will be 1 less thing to worry about on the 1st day, also ask at the regisration if they can give you any other advice or tips pertaining to their track. Watch how the event is run. When your class is scedualed to race, stand by the starting gate and see how long before the moto you should be there. This way, it won't be as confusing on race day. Good Luck.

Walt

------------------
KX250 my toy
yz80 kids toy, kx60 other kids toy, jr50 other, other kids toy

BUK0138

Sponsoring Member
Mar 29, 2001
Thanks Walt..... I am sure that will help me out a ton when I am ready.

thanks again
stacy

------------------

Top Bottom