Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
I see that D-17 assigns numbers for their riders to use for harescrambles. I also see that two races on the D-17 schedule (Millcreek Rec on May30th and Sept 26th) are also on the D-15 schedule. I'm assuming that these races are co-sanctioned by both districts?
Since we don't have assigned numbers in D-15, I was just wondering how the scoring is done with the possibility of a D-15 bikes having D-17 assigned numbers?

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
When we were going to run our Hare Scrambles in Byron last year I asked the same question as we were trying to pay District 16 points also. What I was told was District 17 would provide a numbers listing, AA = 1-99, A = 100-199, Little B = 200-299, etc. If someone from out of district or a new member came and had no number, we were suppose to give the the highest number for the class, example Little B = 299, then work backwards for every entry. This way all District 17 riders could run thier numbers and allow other riders to put on a handwritten number on that wouldn't conflict. I had planned on telling any non-district members to cover up their existing numbers so that there wasn't any confusion. We never got a chance to try it as we had to cancel our event, but it seemed like it would've worked.

I'm sure Wardy could chime in as he put on four races last year and it never seemed to be a problem. I know the one race I made at Wardy's and another District race I just covered up my other series number with duct tape.

Hope that helps.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Ryan is correct and it seemed to work well. We have adjusted the classes to accomadate the larger numbers so they don't fill up. They way Ryan explained it is the way it is suppose to work. The idea here is so that a club doesn't have to give numbers to all the riders but only the ones that are either new, use enduro numbers, or from out of district with no number. This helped a ton with photographs and things later in the season also, since a number on a bike at any race meant something.
It had some quirks but we have done alot to adjust them this season, Jay changed the classes and it should work well.

wardy

Top Bottom