09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
In the interest of keeping the crickets at bay I thought I would give us something to read. Probably will not go anywhere as this has become the Enduro Only forum (you know, the folks with clown horns mounted on there bikes).

Anyway, Rumor has it that Baja and Freelin have quit GLMX and are back to D14 this year. I think this is really good news for D14 MX because it should bring more riders to the races and since the split it's been lacking riders.

I have stayed away from Baja for a long time due the reputation that it is really dangerous at that track (they do have there own helicopter pad - :yikes: ). I will certainly check them out, I'll have to because I intend to give it my best this year and try to win 45+.

Dave L. (or anyone) Can you confirm this?
I would think that D14 would have it on the web site but, nothing (they update there web site about as often a old folks screw). I did notice that those two tracks are no longer listed on GLMX web site (they do a great job on the web stuff).

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Happy New Year 091L!

Hope that's true. The split didn't make sense to me....what little I knew about the talking points of either side just didn't make a lot of sense.

Why would someone want to update a website? It's not like a lot of folks use Al Gore's internet invention or anything?

(In my best Super Friends narrator voice): Meanwhile, back at the Hall of Justice, Shaggy and 091L are discussing the merits of all things Light Team.

I heard the banquet was awesome. Glad to hear that there was an outstanding turnout. I would've liked to been able to crash it. Maybe another time.

Any idea what the numbers were for the new women's only 3 hour class in HS?? In all honesty, I was expecting to see a huge turnout there. Muddy? Iroc?? Anyone??

There you go Mully...consider the pot stirred. Just having fun here people. Don't get Dave's pink panties all in a bunch please! I'll go back to honking my clown horn now.... :)

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Just to be clear: I was only referring to the D14 MX site. Not the HS or clown horn (Enduro snob) sites.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Mark,

Funny that you through in some Al Gore shat LOL. I see you are still marching to beat of the Golden EIB dildo :laugh:

NOT trying to go political with this, just tit for tat.

How about that 2011 Super Cross? JS7 is back! - fun to watch for sure.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
Just to be clear: I was only referring to the D14 MX site. Not the HS or clown horn (Enduro snob) sites.

+1 on that Fred. It only seems to be the District site that is guilty of that problem. The off road folks are on top of things....their constituents demand and deserve it! I like the format on the Enduro site best.

Hey, did you get my email on how and why global warming...er, climate change....er, let's figure out how to tax Americans by making them feel guilty and responsible for something that they aren't possibly responsible for.... is a complete sham??

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
Mark,

How about that 2011 Super Cross? JS7 is back! - fun to watch for sure.

Seems like all the TV time that he got over his extended break has somehow enabled him to be patient? He clearly backed it down in the main at AZ and cruised wisely for the win.

Tedesco sure seems to be making buddies out there too, eh?

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Yam7M Hey said:
Yes, I got it and I liked it. Going green has other benefits though like, not giving money to people that want to kill us. I can't really preach much as I still drive a full size van and love the smell of a good premix.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
I can't really preach much as I still drive a full size van and love the smell of a good premix.

Hear-Hear!

Be proud of it.....and don't feel guilty for a second about it!

Side Note: The number one contributor of methane to the ozone....drum roll.....termites!!! They have an enormous amount of flatulence (that's farts, Scotty B) that they emit, due to the process that goes on inside their stomachs. There is an enzyme in their stomach that turns wood into a usable food source (glucose), which inturn, creates a substantial amount of gas. So, long story longer....I guess I'm in the "green" industry....because I kill those nasty climate controlling insects!!! :laugh:

PS: I noticed the avatar change, Fred. Anyone come to your door and take your orange card (along with the matching orange lunch box, doggie pooper scooper, toilet seats and steering wheel covers) away from you yet?? :laugh:

bk232

Feb 23, 2010
just an fyi...

i saw on their website,
baja has reached an agreement on with the city of birch run, and will be building a 20 acre motocross track around the birch run expo center...

i believe they will be having 3 races, one in june, july, aug...

being that its only 20 acres it will probably be more of an sx track.... but either way it will be cool to see it from I-75....

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
09oneL said:
Anyway, Rumor has it that Baja and Freelin have quit GLMX and are back to D14 this year.

We have heard the same.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Yam7M said:
PS: I noticed the avatar change, Fred. Anyone come to your door and take your orange card (along with the matching orange lunch box, doggie pooper scooper, toilet seats and steering wheel covers) away from you yet?? :laugh:

Yea, I figure the Orange crew is assembling out side of my garage by now. Don't worry though, I still have KTM's for the woods, sand or muddy conditions MX. KTM does indeed make sweet bikes and really good Klenex cozys.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
The Baja thing should mean that the GLMX Grand Prix will now be the D14 Grand Prix - sweet!

I was told one of the reasons for the switch is: "You cannot claim to be state champion w/out going through D14" With all of the politics that transpired to make the original switch to GLMX, I am sure there is much more to it than that. Dave L. might know the whole story.

I just wish Log Road would also switch - I love that track and it is really well ran.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
Yea, I figure the Orange crew is assembling out side of my garage by now. Don't worry though, I still have KTM's for the woods, sand or muddy conditions MX. KTM does indeed make sweet bikes and really good Klenex cozys.

So, just to be clear.....you made the switch for an MX track with clay only? :whoa:

I didn't know you needed a separate bike for any and all different track conditions?? :ohmy: I've been doing this wrong.

You sure you don't want to adopt a 42 yr old, previously way overweight, EIB trumpeting, Lib conspiracy crushing, 5 foot 6 air filter/oil changing/bike cleaning machine?? I could use a bike for every type of track condition too....I gave up asking DW...he keeps saying something about an edipus complex?

You can hide your TP and Kleenex covers at my place.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
-----Mully grabs the laddle for a turn at the pot----

09oneL said:
Enduro Only forum (you know, the folks with clown horns mounted on there bikes).

Phhffft.......Everyone knows that real dirt bikes have lights. :nener:

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
From the "Clown Horn" people....Yes the 2 MX tracks are back and probably more to come next season.
(damn them enduro guys know what happening!)
Other note; D14 web site will be overhauled and hopefully real soon. New host and administrator allowing the divisions to update without going through a third party and all divisions on the same site. (Since the Enduro website is paid for for 2 more years, we will be continuing as is for awhile).

Need to make it to a mx this season, haven't been in 2 years!

Happy New year Fred! Good to hear ya!

Rivard809

Oct 8, 2009
I'm curious about the track around the expo center.... is this going to be a grand prix-esque event? Like a one time event? Or a second perminent track for baja to operate?

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
tdunn976 said:
From the "Clown Horn" people....Yes the 2 MX tracks are back and probably more to come next season.
(damn them enduro guys know what happening!)
Other note; D14 web site will be overhauled and hopefully real soon. New host and administrator allowing the divisions to update without going through a third party and all divisions on the same site. (Since the Enduro website is paid for for 2 more years, we will be continuing as is for awhile).

Need to make it to a mx this season, haven't been in 2 years!

Happy New year Fred! Good to hear ya!

Thanks for the update Mr. Dunn. Should have gone to the source off the get-go! You know all because all know you!

Hope and trust you're feeling well? We can't afford to have D14's best stud be put out to pasture quite yet my friend. ;)

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Mully said:

I thought the headlights were only there for the purpose of alerting the good riders that slower, senile traffic was approaching? Kinda like seeing "Student Driver" decals, Brinks trucks and vehicles with "Hope and Change" stickers....just give 'em a wide birth and avoid eye contact...you never know what they're going to do next! :nener:

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Mully said:

All of your events are run during the day so, the lights make about as much sense as the clown horns. :coocoo:

You guys do know this don't you?

Stir

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Yam7M said:
vehicles with "Hope and Change" stickers....just give 'em a wide birth and avoid eye contact...you never know what they're going to do next! :nener:

Funny :cool:

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
How/why is Baja labeled as dangerous? Weren't the GLMX races ran in conjunction with D14 events?

I do not want to bash a track that I have not been to in many, many years but, I have been told by some guys that do race at Baja often that the injury rate is much higher than most other tracks.

GLMX and D14 are completely separate. Basically it's clubs w/D14 and promoters (private) w/GLMX.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
09oneL said:
All of your events are run during the day so, the lights make about as much sense as the clown horns. :coocoo:

You guys do know this don't you?

Stir

Stir Stir Stir
That is just to make them street legal. We do have to use a little bit of road to connect our "long" sections of trail. You do know that we ride well over 50 miles at any one of the Enduros??? Unlike that Motor-cross stuff............ :laugh:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
And I would have thought some of my "Clown Horn people" bretheran would have chimed in by now. :whoa:

Top Bottom