D14 Mx

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Wolverine423 said:
Hey Mark what have you heard about that indoor MTB course opening in Greenville? I'm headed over next Sunday - Wanna go?

I'm going to be out of town. I don't know if I want to bring my good bike there either, incase there's stunts and crap. Just put a Richie carbon stem and a Salsa carbon bar on....with an xtr crank! Dropped one pound. :nod:

I have not heard much in the way of specifics.....but how cool would it be to ride on dirt through a gutted and abandoned Meijers?? :cool: Did you get the email I sent out where they're using Hackney's picture for their promo poster?

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Wolverine423 said:
Hey Mark what have you heard about that indoor MTB course opening in Greenville? I'm headed over next Sunday - Wanna go?

Found this on it DW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFv7zlaZzg4

Looks like I might have a better time on the PK Ripper I was looking drooling over at Freewheeler.......

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Ya, its looks like he is hauling ass - He really stepped it up when he bought that new 29r!

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
San Diego Picks - anyone playing?

Sending in from Baja California (Todos Santos) - I have been riding some really cool stuff - rode some of last years Baja 1000 course yesterday (5th WFO 80/90mph bike is geared crazy stuff).

1. JS7
2. RV2
3. Canard
4. Reed
5. Dungy
6. Millsaps
7. Short
8. Meaty
9. Todesco
10. K-Dub

Noam Sayn has a jersey on the way

No prize this week - just bragging rights (Yam7 is full of it).

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
(Yam7 is full of it).

Full of beating you at your game! :yeehaw:

Stewart
Villopoto
Canard
dungey
reed
brayton
windham
short
tedesco
metcalf

Sounds like a great trip Fred. :cool:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
RV
BShat
Reed
Dungey
Canard
Short
Brayton
Millsaps
Metcalf
Hot Sauce

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Well, I didn't win.....but neither did 091L!

DW: 16
091L: 15
Yam7m: 10

I got waxed. Too bad there's no snow left for my photo op......

Jordan414

Nov 23, 2008
Awe man I forgot about this game we got going... I would of won!

I fell asleep right when the lites main started... woke up and it was 5:30 in the morning

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Yam7M said:
Well, I didn't win.....but neither did 091L!

DW: 16
091L: 15
Yam7m: 10

I got waxed. Too bad there's no snow left for my photo op......
Should have enough snow now!

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
tdunn976 said:
Should have enough snow now!

Yep.

So, will a pic in competition swim apparel suffice? Unlike those other young contestants ill man up and take my lumps.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Yam7M said:
Yep.

So, will a pic in competition swim apparel suffice? Unlike those other young contestants ill man up and take my lumps.
I believe there was no bet this week... but if you decide you must, please post a warning first!

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Yam7M said:
That makes it 2 for 2 at beating Boling at his own game....maybe ill show up to a mx race thus summer too...... :nener: :)

I am positive you would give me good challenge at an MX

You also beat Jordan 2 for 2 - perhaps you should show up at an enduro - good luck with that

Does anyone know if it will be OK for me to drive my crappy motor home to Indianapolis and stay in the parking lot?

My wife insist we bring our little dog :coocoo:

Rooms may also be hard to get with the Big Ten tournament on the same weekend.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008

Not sure that a pale bald guy with a goatee and a little dog will be well received camping in that neighborhood Fred.... :laugh:

Side Note: The only way I could "beat" Jordan would be if he crashed or got tired and quit. Not sayin' he doesn't do both of those things with some consistency....just sayin'.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Not good news on the camper. I kind of made a deal with the wife, I'll have to figure something out.

The last time I was at a supercross race I gassed up Mike "too tall" Bell's bike and he won!. Mr. Bell was alone at the race in a cube van, the good old days.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Atlanta Picks:

1. JS7
2. Canard
3. RV2
4. Reed
5. Dungy
6. Short
7. Millsaps
8. K-Dub
9. Metty
10. Todesco

No bets - just for fun

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Villipoto
Stewart
Reed
Dungey
Canard
Brayton
Millsaps
Short
Tedesco
Weimer

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Yam7M said:

Weimer on big bikes in Atlanta?

Doing a little home work I see. Jordan will have him winning if he remembers to play (actually I'll bet he has CR22 winning and Weimer 2nd).

Nice job Mark - Good Luck (not really) :nener:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
Nice job Mark - Good Luck (not really)

:moon:

Pretty boring in here again. Too many stiff shirts! :yell:

Someone ask DW what he had for his last three meals or something.........

Maybe have Jordan keep track of how many slurpees he's had in the last week........

Maybe we can get ghetto booty on here to brag about his new sub-19lb, hunter orange, single speed Air 9 beauty that he's gonna kick my arse with?? It sho is pretty! :nod:

How about asking Mr. Dunn how many free coffee's he's rec'd with his AARP card recently? :think:

We could ask how many deer Scotty B has hit with his truck in the last week.....but I'd be cheating if I played. They taste just fine when their hit with a chevy.

Glad to see so many DRN'rs reporting that they're partaking in spin class and other gym related stuff. I think Scotty and Skippy's idea of a "spin-class" involves a catholic school girl outfit, a dance floor with a pole, and a 105 lb twirling-hair-snapping-gum participant! Not that there's anything wrong with that..........

Stirring...... :uh:

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
I have been working out, playing racquetball, running blah blah. Trying to eat "clean" (not quite DW style). I need to get a move on with my 1st race on 4/2. I plan to go to some open practices 3/19 and 3/26 (Baja and Log Road).

I have found that the rowing machine is great for fore arm work - arm pump

How about you other stiffs?

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Stationary bike. 20 minutes a day minimum. Unless I have had too much coffee then I can do it in 5.

lots of free weights and sit ups.

20lb dumbell wrist curls have pretty much gotten me over the arm pump issue.

We have all the work out machines in our fitness center here at work and it only costs two bucks a week.

Sox Brookhart
Clarence Wise
Bud Wilson
Bert Wellend
Carl Bergman
George Powell
Harold Denney
Jack Dunfey
Robert Johnson
Dean Babcock

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Mark I'd be cheating too if i played the scotty b vs deer game :laugh: but to be honest yes they taste just fine bein hit by a chevy they dont taste so great gettin hit by a ford. Maybe that because ford drivers dont hit the deer there Found On Road Dead

Jordan414

Nov 23, 2008
REED
villopoto
stewart
canard
wiemer
short
windham
alessi
metcalf

Running has been my thing lately... I've been trying to walk past the slurpee machine and go to the coffee... Usually I make it past...lol

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Jordan414 said:
Running has been my thing lately...

Well, its clear that counting is not your thing, you dufuss. You only have 9 picks listed. :laugh:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…