carnage

Mar 16, 2001
I'm relatively new to the sport as is my son. I'd like to start getting my son, and possibly myself, introduced to actual racing. He would be riding in the 65cc class. I understand that points can't be collected if your not a member but am wondering if it is possible to participate in a few D17 races without being a D17 member? If membership is required can it be acquired at the track or do I need to fill out and send in the app? If he enjoys this I'll definately sign him and or myself up next year.

Thanks,

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
You have to have a district card to race in D-17. You'll need the district card ($20) and an AMA card ($39). You can apply for both at the first race that you go to at sign-up. Some tracks "forget" to ask for the district card but you are supposed to have it.

carnage

Mar 16, 2001
Thanks for the info Nikki. The AMA cards we both have already. Guess I'm going to have to attempt to find his missing birth certificate now..

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
you can

download an District 17 application directly from my site and then fill it out and send it in.
www.megacross.com then go to the link D-17 information the app is in a PDF file which can be easliy printed out.

wardy

Top Bottom