what is it like?
Worth the Haul down there? (6 hrs)

Sick of T.V.
(Except for Average Joe)
Tony

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
If it's a 6-hour drive, I'd probably say no. It's a very open course, relatively short, and you really don't need barkbusters. A motocross guy making the transition to woods riding would like it, but I like my woods a little tighter. They do have a nice motocross track there, and I have to give the family that runs the park a lot of credit for providing another place to ride. Last year they mentioned that they were trying to buy some adjoining land; not sure if that's been accomplished yet but would be great for the hare scrambles course if they had more woods to offer.

Check out my race report from last year:

Taylorville '03

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Ah yes, but have you de-logged it from last fall?

Some of the guys on here are calling Roselawn - Roselog but they must not have rode your event. ;)

Lets hope the weather is good that weekend.

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
I doubt it's 6 hrs. I'm in Dupage Co as of this week, but am coming from Decatur, and at one time Bloomington. Taylorville was 'just' over 1.5 hrs from Bloomington, and it takes me 'just' under 2 hrs to get to Bloomington from here(Bartlett)....So that's 3.5hrs....

Like Katoomer said, it's some fast/open land and will probably be slicker than snot on that date. Never raced their HS....Was going to before moving to Decatur and joining Oakley...MUCH better land, and they put on a great little hare scramble....Just watch out for the Sangamon! Not to discourage you from going to Taylorville though...Might go myself.

When/where is that Enduro? Same day? Would be my first(enduro), and certainly closer to my new home......

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Flyin Ryan, is that Enduro same place as the one last fall? The one that starts at your club grounds? If it is I got to get even with that place. Broke my collarbone 18 miles into it. Excellent course from what I heard (all the way home in pure agony) from my buddy :flame:

Top Bottom