enduro8

Sep 22, 2000
Yeah, we decided to split one of the races. Since the C's are bigger then the A/B race 99% of the time we decided to split the C race.

I figure it will give the C Vets and Seniors their own race to battle it out on for once.

We felt the course would be too crowded if we just did 2 races. Plus we did not want to have what happened at the Phantom HS happen again. Basically what happened there was that the laps were pretty short and there were a ton of rows. A guy got hurt on the mx track and they had to delay the start for the later rows. They actually fired off the gun for the last row at the same time the leader was coming through the scoring barrels finishing his first lap.

enduro8

426 Pilot

Apr 27, 2000
Good idea on the scheduling. Metcalf is small and can get pretty crowded on race day.

I was one of the guys that came through at the Phantom with the last row just getting started. They actually fired the gun as I was passing the starting line on the right side. I think I was in 3rd or so at that point in the 250 class (don't let the 426pilot fool you, I sold it and bought a yz250).

The prime time will be my first B race as I pointed out at the Shasta race I just started racing this year and I'm not sure if I can go 2 hours. I was wipped after 1 1/2 hours in the C class. I better start jogging today.

See you out there,

Jon #179

kx100

Moron
May 7, 2001
PT HS will be my first race! I'll be on a '01 KX100 (unfortunately). I'm guessing I will be in the 0-200 A Class?

can anyone shoot some tips my way? Also is a 'AMA Card' required or can I get around that?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
kx100 - you do not want to be in the A class for your first race! The C class is for you. There are age classes as well as displacment classes.

AMA membership mandatory for district races. You should be able to purchase your AMA membership at the race, or go to the AMA's home page and join there. Have Fun and be careful out there!

Last edited:

jimt_yz400

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 25, 2000
I'm thinking of taking my 12 year old son and have him race. He's kinda afraid so and I keep telling him that it'll be like a family enduro but shorter (he raced the Wild Piglet and trophied, he was only 1 minute late to the last check!!) so he should be ok. Can someone shed some light on how the course will be and
speak about the terrain. We ride at Carnegie so this shouldn't be all that tough but I don't know since I have never rode at Metcalf before.

kx100

Moron
May 7, 2001
metcalf is a lot like carnagie, execpt it's not as dry and hot, it's not as hilly as carnagie and it's probably 1/2 or less the size of carnagie (426 acres I think).

The terrain will probably be pretty beat up by race day, there is some loose dirt here and there but most of it is pretty packed and hard.

my two cents.

Top Bottom