Jeepboy

Oct 25, 2000
My wife has finally conviced me to move down south. I've been to OKC many times and seen footage of Cooperland. The tracks appear to be very hardpack and dusty. I tend to ride mostly sandy or loamy tracks around here. I have two questions. Are there many tracks/riding areas within an hours drive of Dallas? What is the soil type of these tracks and/or riding areas?
Thanks.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
there are many tracks in the area. Check out the North Texas Smack Pack forum, we're planning a ride right now for Febuary 22nd (I believe it's the set date). Try www.goplayinthedirt.com for local stuff.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Mosier Valley is in Arlington, (between Dallas & Fort Worth) and is sandy loam. Many nice jumps and stuff like that. A little south you have Lake Whitney. It's a BIG TRACK of national caliber. There are only 6 races a year there but you will love it. There are 2 tracks in the southern part of Fort Worth, Village Creek and Burleson. VC is a little harder dirt in many places, more like what you see in AX or SX by my description. Burleson is old style MX but great dirt. Lots of turns and very sandy loam, prepped well, etc. Only thing is all single jumps and one tabletop. You also have Nacona, Badlands & Oakhill but I've never been. Out west a little you have Weatherford but I've never been there either. Mosier, Village Creek, Weatherford, and I think Badlands all have night racing which is great for summer racing since it has a tendancy to get a little warmer down here.

J".Yz125."J

Jun 21, 2002
Also a little south near houston is a place called HIGHLANDS(day track and night track) pretty popular place in the amatuer world for racing. In Tyler is a place to ride called Swan Cycle Park(a Pro Race) was held there) abotu 1 hour and 45 min south and 30 min east of Lufkin is a place called Red Bug Cycle Park(my home track) open daily (unless weather and special events of family of course) Arenacross event will be held in Lufkin(1st time I think) at the expo center. Feb 14&15 and Amatuer day will be held on the 16th(my time to race lol) well whatever its gonna be an awesome week in Lufkin(my home town)

Jeepboy

Oct 25, 2000
Thanks for the info, sounds like there are pleny of places to ride. Right now I wouldn't mind the summer heat....I'm so sick of our cold up here.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by Jeepboy
Thanks for the info, sounds like there are pleny of places to ride. Right now I wouldn't mind the summer heat....I'm so sick of our cold up here.

LOL, are you in for a surprise! Wait for you first ride in mid-August :flame:

Top Bottom