Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Good Race! Mc got the hole shot and led 2-3 laps. RC went by him and Mc stayed on his tire for a while. Vuillemin then came by Mc and went after RC. He was not able to get by him though. Mc looked faster on most of the track than both RC and Vuillemin but they were eating his lunch in the whoops. This was a GREAT race. RC did not run away with it and Mc did not fall off as much as he has been this year, they finished fairily tight, no room for a mistake for any of the first 4 riders. Ramsey was flying too, he was gaining on Mc toward the end. RC was also sporting all black plastic on his 250 and it looked SWEET.

250 Main Event  
1. Ricky Carmichael HON
2. David Vuillemin YAM
3. Jeremy McGrath YAM
4. Nate Ramsey HON
5. Stephane Roncada KAW
6. Sebastien Tortelli HON
7. Tim Ferry YAM
8. Ezra Lusk KAW
9. Heath Voss HON
10. Nick Wey YAM
11. J. S. Roy HON
12. Kyle Lewis HON
13. Damon Huffman SUZ
14. Keith Johnson YAM
15. Ty Hadsell YAM
16. Ben Riddle SUZ
17. James Polvony HON
18. Chad Reed YAM
19. Ernesto Fonseca HON
20. Ryan Clark YAM

125's started out and the way Bubba dominated the heat we all though it was gonna be a blow out.... he got a bad start, back of the mid pack. He went down after a big tripple on the first lap.... I think someone doubled in front of him, he tripled and down they go. He got up and was dead last. Lost several hundred yards on the back of the pack. Bubba was on a mission.... got up to 4th or 5th and was really gaining on the lead pack..... then.... blam, he goes down, gets up, goes down again, gets up, goes down again, gets up, goes down again..... rode the rest of the race just to get through it. I wish he could have pulled that one off, it would have been legendary. I think he was just spent. Preston took the points lead by 10.

125 West Main Event  
1. Travis Preston HON
2. Chris Gosselaar HON
3. Travis Elliott HON
4. Matt Walker KAW
5. Eric Sorby KAW
6. Ivan Tedesco YAM
7. Josh Demuth YAM
8. Andy Short SUZ
9. David Pingree KTM
10. Keith Johnson YAM
11. Craig Decker YAM
12. Justin Buckelew SUZ
13. Casey Lytle YAM
14. Joseph Oehlhof YAM
15. Adam Mennenga HON
16. James Stewart KAW
17. Johnny Marley HON
18. Kevin Johnson YAM
19. Joseph Woods SUZ
20. Chase Reed YAM

endo426

Feb 9, 2002
Chad Reed

They interveiwed Chad Reed after the race, and he said that he got tangled up at the start and it messed up his number plate(side). He started through the pack but his boot was hanging on the damaged plastic. He said he could deal with it, but as he stated catching the front runners he decided it wasn't worth the risk and that he wanted to save it for the nationals and vagas.

I guess we will have to wait for next year to see him race RC.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I'm surprised that Honda is okay with RC running black plastic.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Reed was on a 2-stroke. It may take him awhile to get the feel for it after all his time on the YZ250F. Actually he might do better on a YZ426F.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'm surprised that Honda is okay with RC running black plastic.
Tortelli did it last year for the Mummy or some such movie, all black bike and all black gear.

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Good point Okie. They did the same thing with MC early in the year, but he wasn't even in the top five! It's like watching hockey on tv. They follow the puck around, but you miss the play develope and all the on the fly line changes etc. Nothing beats being there in person.

I hope Preston can hold on. He'll probably never have another chance like this to win a championship. I also thought that the 125 west riders have stepped up the pace. Everyone touted the east as the better series, but I think the west is deeper. Gosselar looked great at the end. Does anyone know what happened to Sellards?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Everyone touted the east as the better series
If I'm not mistaken, Eric Sorby was doing really well in the East, better than in the west...

Preston is sooo smooth, Gossler is just plain fast. Looking forward to being at Vegas! I'm just hoping EVERYONE keeps it upright, would be a awesome race. If I had to make a choice between the two, I'd watch the 125's over the 250s.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Same here. The 250 class is always entertaining, but the 125 class (these days) is a crapshoot. You never know who's gonna step up.

Honda26

Mar 17, 2002
yea, i was RIGHT by bubba when he was crashing, him and this guy were both going off the 65 foot triple, and they bumped in the air and stewart crashed, got back up got all the way back to 3rd place, crashed in a left hand sweeper, in the corner after the sweeper(right bowl) then the next right bowl, the bike rolled down on top of him the last crash, he didnt look to good, he ripped his helmet off and could not even push the bike off him without the caution guys helping him. I think that fist crash did something to him.
later

Top Bottom