whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Another for the books. In both classes! Some great racing, the poorly or perfectly timed bio on Bubba was really making me ill. Dean finally proved he does have a pair! Great race for him. Barcia confirmed the non-union in his wrist. Ryan Sipes, wow, I hope this is not all he has. Time for the 450 class yet? SX, I have NEVER laughed so hard, as when a floundering JBS takes out Tutu. I do not wish anything, too bad to happen to Tutu, but of anyone to hit, it did have to be him. If he wins the season, I will not be surprised or dis-respectful of his accomplishment, maybe even his most/best effort ever! I did not see JBS with any red and blue lights though? Maybe he was trying to hand cuff CR? What a track, and some real manly pro whoops! I read somewhere RV had his seat come loose? TC has another great win. What a night for the medical crew!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
New word in the world of SX: "Treycan" :)

Crazy again this week! Again, best season I remember.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Best season I can remember as well. Just wish CBS didn't have anything to do with SX. They show more fluff than racing. Still have five contenders, it will be tuff for TC to make up 22 pts but the way this season has gone, it is still possible.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The mountainous whoops made of concrete were nasty.

Nice to have SX on national TV, but a 20+ minute rider profile/Taco Bell/Yamaha commercial? That's a bit much.

JBS: "You are part of a tradition."

Taco Bell Dude: ".....Whaa?"

JBS: "A tradition. See those cameras? That's CBS, man."

TBD: "........"

That was painful.

CBS can't mention the arrest, but can drive around in a rental car with Bubba and show throngs of kids lined up to buy JBS merchandise. Bizarre.

No coverage of the Milsaps / Seely crash. I think they went down hard together, but who knows? One guy is a top 10 rider and the other is a Lites rider stepping up to the big boy class. Fans just might be interested. No mention.

Dungey was reeling in Villopoto at the end and came up about 0.5 seconds short. No coverage.

I know it's hard to cover all the action on the track, but I can't help but think CBS could have done a better job if they had shortened the JBS commercial by 5 minutes.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
The coverage sucked. plain and simple. instead of the Bubba hour, maybe they could have filled the time with, ohh, I dunno. . . moto 1 moto 2 ??? instead of the brief synopsis?
At least Speed does the split screen thing now if they want to follow someone else on the track.

"The battle for 10th place" and there is a lone rider; nobody around for for a hundred feet in any direction. Battle my ass!. Someone ponied up some money to give their rider some air time.

Great season, but damn! CBS sucks at covering 2 wheeled racing.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom