fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
My original post on top end rebuild was archived so I'll report on what was found on first rebuild. Power valve stop plate was broken off, forcing valve shut, causing rings to wear down cylinder at exhaust port-New Nikasil plating. Type 2 piston w/ rings put in. Reeds were chipped away, went with new Boyseen. Knocking clutch noise came from loose nut on primary gear. Kickstart lever had to be sawed off on knuckle because it was frozen on assembly, in order to get to gears- purchased new lever. Other than that, the bike is tight now. So much compression I can barely kick it over. I have only owned bike since Oct., so the years of neglect can be blamed on previous owner I guess. Can't wait to break in next weekend.

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Not sure on that yet Rick, I will experiment on packing 2 bikes in back of pickup with tailgate net. I have a week of vacation starting 5-6, so I'm thinking of a mid-week, overnight Stonyford trip b-4 Elkins.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Glad to hear you're back up and running Free-. I am going to try to hook up with a few or you nor cal guys in late spring/early summer. Maybe we can meet at hangtown and fry??

Top Bottom