AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
Hey Sharla, don't be so hard on yourself! Lighten up!! At least you are out there trying!! You would laugh your butt off if you saw me---when I can get away with it, I ride on the mini track at Buffalo and sometimes have some good battles with kids on much smaller bikes than my own. That is, until their Dad's give me the evil eye because they think I am a grown man trying to race their kids.....lol.....

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by AnneBrooks
At least you are out there trying!!

Exactly!! You're still ahead of me since I haven't even gotten the courage to try a race. I guess it's because I don't want to be the only guy out there on a 360 with PW50's flying by me. :eek: Just think how much you'll be laughing to yourself when you get over this little slump and start placing in some races. Keep working at it and you KNOW it will happen.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Who says you can't body check. My best rides were using someone else to bounce off of in a corner. If their in front going into a berm, scream and start shouting, they will freak out enough to see what the heck is happening, then you roost 'em! Attack mentally, practice so muscle memory takes over and you don't have to think. If you have to think, the timing is off. Here's an example of what I mean by muscle memory. Remember first getting your driver's license and you were afraid to take your eyes off the road farther than 10 feet in front of you? Everything was a suprise as it came into view. You couldn't go fast safely, because there wasn't enough reaction time. Now I can speed 20 mph over the limit, arque with the old lady, adjust the radio, back-hand a brat in the back seat, and hit my off ramp from the fast lane all without taking my eyes off the road. How? My muscles remember where the radio controls are, where that kid's voice is coming from and what it feels like to turn the wheel just enough not the lose control. Too extreem of an example? Here's another, do you "think"about hitting that snooze button in the morning? No lights on, hardly even conscious, and never a miss on that little button. That's muscle memory and it comes from repetion and lack of fear-of-failure. Dig deep and let the force be with you.
Study ZEN and be the motorcycle.

Last edited:

Top Bottom