Damn Yankees do Paragon, again. May 1st & 2nd

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I just checked the extended weather forcast for the weekend.....looks like the weather will be great. But just to make sure, lets all start praying to the weather gods now.... :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

NRB

May 4, 2003
After checking our spring schedule I will definitely be there in May, also today I went down to the motorcycle shop and put down a deposit on an 2004, WR-250F. So I will have a new ride to break in. I’m hoping this bike will handle a little better than the 426 did in that tight Paragon single track.

Nathan

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Nathan,
That is awfully nice of you to buy a new 250F so we can all take it for a test ride :joke: And I hope you don't plan on coming alone....will the wife be with you?

NRB

May 4, 2003
She says she wants to come, I also have a couple of other guys that live near me that I took up to Paragon last year that had a blast (even through one of them hit a tree harder than DaveRS does).

Nathan

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
can anyone give me some information about this ride? it would be awsome to have a nice ride to kick off the season.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Like the title of the post says, the DTDR chapter of DRN will host its Spring ride on May 1st and 2nd at Paragon (www.paragonap.com).

Paragon has a trail system that something for everyone. It is THOUSDANDS of acres. We will also be camping Saturday night.

Last edited:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Y2Z said:
can anyone give me some information about this ride? it would be awsome to have a nice ride to kick off the season.

You won't be disappointed if you make it.....lots of great people, and riding for everyone. Check the link for my pictures below to see some shots from past DRN rides at Paragon.

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
looks like an awsome ride, im hoping to see some people from hometown there(hucker,flyinkaw)too if i can make it!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Treejumper said:
Some of us on Friday too. :)

And Some of us will be staying at motels where there are no man eating creatures to worry about :eek:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait :flame: :yeehaw: :laugh:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RM_guy said:
Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait :flame: :yeehaw: :laugh:

And what exactly are you trying to tell us?

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I camp because I'm cheep. Plus I can get falling-down-druck and err...just fall down.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Last time I camped at Paragon it wound up being a cold rainy night....and I said never again......now I go the motel route
Just call me a nancy, but at least i will be a warm dry nancy

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
scooter1130 said:
Just call me a nancy, but at least i will be a warm dry nancy

Dan...you're a Nancy :moon:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
NRB said:
She says she wants to come, I also have a couple of other guys that live near me that I took up to Paragon last year that had a blast (even through one of them hit a tree harder than DaveRS does).
Nathan

LOL.. Now I have to come! :)

What are you gonna do with that 426? Are you considering selling it?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
DaveRS575 said:
LOL.. Now I have to come! :)

What are you gonna do with that 426? Are you considering selling it?

you interested in a 426 Dave.....if you buy one, make sure to let me know so I can be there with the camera for your first ride

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
scooter1130 said:
you interested in a 426 Dave.....if you buy one, make sure to let me know so I can be there with the camera for your first ride

I am, but I think they may still be a bit out of reach for me $$ wise though.. :ugg:

If I do, you I'd guarantee you'll get some good footage if you take me into the singletrack with it! LOL

This :eek: will most likely be the look on my face as I fly through the air toward the largest rock or tree in my vicinity while you take photos!

LOL Seriously though, I might be a little more stable on a 4 stroke with a bit more weight under me me bing 220Lbs. I'd certainly like to try one out and see how it feels. I'm not 100% certain the KDX is exactly right for me, but plan on running it alot more this season. Along with the quad...

NRB

May 4, 2003
Sorry Dave but I already got rid of it. If you had said something last year I would have let you ride it. But you can still try my new bike (no starting drill on this one).

Nathan

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
NRB said:
Sorry Dave but I already got rid of it. If you had said something last year I would have let you ride it. But you can still try my new bike (no starting drill on this one).

Nathan

No problem Nathan, like I said, it's probably still a bit out of range for me.

I'd love to try the WR250, but at 39.5" seat height, it's almost 10" higher than my inseam! I don't know if my feet will even touch the ground! LOL

That certainly carries the potential for some interesting footage!

Last edited:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
RM_guy said:
Nancy - Better ask your doctor to up the dosage of your meds or you'll crack long before May. BTW, have you told your wife that you're going riding that weekend yet?

Things are still iffy on my front. Mrs. Woods has a class on Saturday the 1st so I'll be home watching the kids. So I won't be rolling in until Saturday night. Just have a few adult beverages on ice for me.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
WoodsRider said:
(11/24/03) Okay, let's get down to business and start planning some 2004 events.
Cross off May 15-16 and July 25th off the schedule
(12/1/03)BTW - May 8th and 9th is not good since May 9th is Mother's Day. May 1st and 2nd would be a better choice
(2/3/04)Things are still iffy on my front. Mrs. Woods has a class on Saturday the 1st so I'll be home watching the kids. So I won't be rolling in until Saturday night
(?/??/04) To be continued

I hope May gets here soon before Nancy finds another reason

gixer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2001
Hey guys,
I have been off the forum for a bit. Trying not to drive my self crazy waiting for the warmer weather.
I will be heading out there for this event. I think Kevin and Eugeen will come along also. I think we will have to get Bill to come along also and try to get him to NOT sink the bike this time.
Steven

Top Bottom